• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

TV Peoples court rent control tenant being ripped a new one

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

south

What is the name of your state?CA

On television right now 'Peoples Court rent control tenant being ripped a new one.

Being caught out left right and center its a blood bath.

Trying to make a fake claim for a laptop stating door lock did not work

ON TV NOW

Last edited:

longneck

wasn't there a guy on here awhile ago that said his laptop was stolen because one of the locks on his door didn't work?

south

EXACTLY BIG Coincidence...... And the Peoples Court story sounded very similar, the guy on TV was saying one of the locks on the door does not work and he went to the incinerator for two minutes came back and someone had walked into his apt and stolen his laptop....

The judge ripped him apart in string of lies the landlord did not have to say anything, turns out the unit he was in was a rent controlled 3 bedroom 5 room unit in a good area for $700 a month which was rented to his mother she died and he illegally moved in on top of it the guy had a computer business and filed his court case as a poor person.

Turns out he has no legal right to take over the unit he reported the alleged theft the same day he lost another court case with the landlord to get him out, what made it worse was he said the theft happened a week prior and he never reported it to the landlord, the judge busted him when she found out the reason he never told landlord was because it takes a week for surveillance tapes to be erased, if there was really a theft the cops could have been given the tapes to see who walked into his unit.

It was a mess a regular carnage.

longneck said:
wasn't there a guy on here awhile ago that said his laptop was stolen because one of the locks on his door didn't work?

south

Make sure you watch from behind the couch and wear ear plugs it gets loud....

longneck said:
nice. i have to check my snapstream when i get home to see if that episode will repeat. :)

Happy Trails

Judge Millian saw right through that guy and he couldn't even pay for the court fees.

I'd like to see the civil action that they will be going through later. Can you imagine a three bedroom apartment for around $700 (in Buffalo, NY). I think that's where it was. I watched that episode this morning.

Last edited:

south

It was a classic......

He could have paid the court fees that was the other point the judge made, he is simply a scammer.

I just wish the rent control laws could see stuff like this, if rent control is going to be around it should be for low income that present proof they earn and have nothing other wise why the hell should an owner subsidize a high income guy to live cheap? It makes me seethe.

Happy Trails said:
Judge Millian saw right through that guy and he couldn't even pay for the court fees.

I'd like to see the civil action that they will be going through later. Can you imagine a three bedroom apartment for around $700 (in Buffalo, NY). I think that's where it was. I watched that episode this morning.

Happy Trails

south said:
It was a classic......

He could have paid the court fees that was the other point the judge made, he is simply a scammer.

I just wish the rent control laws could see stuff like this, if rent control is going to be around it should be for low income that present proof they earn and have nothing other wise why the hell should an owner subsidize a high income guy to live cheap? It makes me seethe.
He didn't even notify the landlord that it was taken until the day of court (for the lock), some two months later. He says, "I don't want to talk to her".

He slithers into the apartment after his mom died just to continue getting the cheap rent. What an a$$hole.

You mentioned a post at this site that was similar, did you think it was the same guy?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">