• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

two appendectomys in the same year

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

marriagehelp

What is the name of your state? Missouri. Back in Febuary of last year my mom went in to the hospital because she was having horriable pains in her stomach well they said she needed an appendectomy so she had it done well then in sept. of the same year she started feeling like she was having those same pains all over again so she went back and come to find out she never had her appendix removed. No one knew apparently what had happened the first time so they sent her to a different hospital and she had to have a second appendectomy and part of her colon removed because it was so infected from the poison from her appendix which had ruptured. The question is what can she do about this because she was off work for months due to this. There was so much wrong that she was in the hospital the second time for 4 weeks. Should we consult a lawyer or is it just a waste of time. Thank you

Last edited:

matti422

Try posting this under Accident and Injury Law - Medical Malpractice for advice. This forum is for Lawyer Malpractice and Legal Ethics. You may not get someone with the expertise you need in this forum.

panzertanker

marriagehelp said:
What is the name of your state? Missouri. Back in Febuary of last year my mom went in to the hospital because she was having horriable pains in her stomach well they said she needed an appendectomy so she had it done well then in sept. of the same year she started feeling like she was having those same pains all over again so she went back and come to find out she never had her appendix removed. No one knew apparently what had happened the first time so they sent her to a different hospital and she had to have a second appendectomy and part of her colon removed because it was so infected from the poison from her appendix which had ruptured. The question is what can she do about this because she was off work for months due to this. There was so much wrong that she was in the hospital the second time for 4 weeks. Should we consult a lawyer or is it just a waste of time. Thank you
Believe it or not, the appendix can "regrow".(not going to get into a lengthy discussion, just take the statement at face value).

The only option you have at the moment is to have your mother get a copy of ALL of her medical records, look at the OR report from the surgeon, and determine first if the appendix WAS indeed removed.

After that, you can repost and let us know and we will try to help you from there...

Last edited:

marriagehelp

Thank you I will get a copy of that and look and see what it actually says. I know one Dr. told her that it can regrow but he said not in that short of a time span. The Dr. that did the first surgery wouldnt even come in and see her when she went back there to the hospital the second time. But anyway I will look at the report and let you know. Thanks so much for your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">