• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Two Misdemeanors Charges - Marijuana/Ecstasy (California)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mj27

Hey

Guys wondering if you can help me out since we are all going through the exact same thing. I didnt get charged for ecstacy like you guys have, only for possession of marijuana.

Now this DEJ seems like a real pain in the ass from what you guys have described. I have had a perfectly clean record before this charge. I live in California and am 20 now (citation was given @ 19) so they could suspend my license if I dont take the DEJ. But under California Law "Possession offenses are expunged from the record after two years under Health and Safety Code Sections 11361.5 and 11361.7." So I could

1) Plead guilty and pay the $100 fine but face the possibility of having my license suspended for one year. The possession charges are taken off of my record after 2 years so I dont have to worry about that.

2) Take the DEF and pay that $550 for classes, get tested for 4 months and pretty much be on a form of probation for one year. But I wont have to worry about my license being suspended.

3) Try to get the Pros to lessen the charge so I just have to go to some AA class and pick up some trash.

Of course the 3rd option is the best but I will have to talk to a DA. I have never been to court before, so do I talk to my DA there or do I meet him before the court hearing?

Did I get all my info right in the post? They do expunge the possession offences after 2 years right?

Thanks for the help I just want to get this over and done with and hopefully our generation can reform these unfair laws when its our turn to lead.

Micah1987

hey guys i also need some advice am i ****ed?

i was also in the pc1000 program with a previous felony...

it was only a little bit of an ecstasy pill;
not even a full pill and i got charged with a felony for it and i ended up in pc1000 for it.
the first time i failed out.
because i didn't attend my aa meetings, but i had a good lawyer and he got me reinstated in pc1000 and the second time i finished it.
however, i dug myself in a deeper hole.
instead of waiting 18 months until my charges were completely dropped..
i have to wait 2 years.
it happened in 2007 and i'll have to go to court in 2010.
i've almost been out of pc1000 for a year, and i was recently caught with xanax and heroin paraphenalia; i recieved 2 misdemeanors for it and i'll have to go to court december 12th.

what do you guys think my charges will be for the 2 misdemeanors?

i plan to attend regular aa meetings before my court date, i will be employed, and i'm a college student.
do you think the courts will or would be leniant?:confused:

thank you for reading, and if anyone would be able to help with advice i'd greatly appreciate it.:)

i was also in the pc1000 program with a previous felony...

it was only a little bit of an ecstasy pill;
not even a full pill and i got charged with a felony for it and i ended up in pc1000 for it.
the first time i failed out.
because i didn't attend my aa meetings, but i had a good lawyer and he got me reinstated in pc1000 and the second time i finished it.
however, i dug myself in a deeper hole.
instead of waiting 18 months until my charges were completely dropped..
i have to wait 2 years.
it happened in 2007 and i'll have to go to court in 2010.
i've almost been out of pc1000 for a year, and i was recently caught with xanax and heroin paraphenalia; i recieved 2 misdemeanors for it and i'll have to go to court december 12th.

what do you guys think my charges will be for the 2 misdemeanors?

i plan to attend regular aa meetings before my court date, i will be employed, and i'm a college student.
do you think the courts will or would be leniant?:confused:

thank you for reading, and if anyone would be able to help with advice i'd greatly appreciate it.:)

You DO realize that this thread is 6 months old, correct?

b.money0

pc1000

Down here in san diego

I got caught and served 1 night in jail.
A total 12 hour process of going from the station to jail to getting bailed out
Thankfully I got bailed out had to fork up 500 but atleast I was out

Went to court,
Went with public defender and they gave me the option of doing pc1000 classes and to plea guilty. After court,when I went to the first orientation they told me it was going be 455.00$ total. And I have to pay every monday when I show up for class.

Now im living check by check and barley make enough rent (im in my 20s and just starting my life)

Im now on my basically 3rd class and I've missed 2 which everytime I miss a class they add on a 20.00$

And honestly I cannot stop smoking pot,I smoke every day I have my card ...

Im worried if I go to the judge on monday and ask if I can do something else she will just dismiss me back to the class..send me back to jail or what because I cannot afford these classes and they wont credit me till like the next monday.

I don't no what to do help!:confused:

This sucks, all they want is money!

ERAUPIKE

Down here in san diego

I got caught and served 1 night in jail.
A total 12 hour process of going from the station to jail to getting bailed out
Thankfully I got bailed out had to fork up 500 but atleast I was out

Went to court,
Went with public defender and they gave me the option of doing pc1000 classes and to plea guilty. After court,when I went to the first orientation they told me it was going be 455.00$ total. And I have to pay every monday when I show up for class.

Now im living check by check and barley make enough rent (im in my 20s and just starting my life)

Im now on my basically 3rd class and I've missed 2 which everytime I miss a class they add on a 20.00$

And honestly I cannot stop smoking pot,I smoke every day I have my card ...

Im worried if I go to the judge on monday and ask if I can do something else she will just dismiss me back to the class..send me back to jail or what because I cannot afford these classes and they wont credit me till like the next monday.

I don't no what to do help!:confused:

This sucks, all they want is money!
You might be able to afford the class if you use some of your pot money to take care of your legal issues. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">