• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Tx-child support

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

newwife03

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TX

My question is my husband just got a letter in the mail to have the C/S modified, theyhave to meet at the ag's office in October. My question is how do I know if I have to pay more money a month? What is the guide lines for TX? Do I have any options, if so what are they? Should I have my attorney present? If the mother of my son & I come to an agreement will they take that in consideration? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

Just Blue

My question is my husband just got a letter in the mail to have the C/S modified, theyhave to meet at the ag's office in October. My question is how do I know if I have to pay more money a month? What is the guide lines for TX? Do I have any options, if so what are they? Should I have my attorney present? If the mother of my son & I come to an agreement will they take that in consideration? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Your post is not making sense. Who's child is this?

MCDATX

you won't have to pay anything. This is between your husband and his ex. your income won't be factored in when determining child support payments.

Just Blue

I'm sorry****************************.....It's between my husband and his ex-wife.
Oh. Okay.

how do I know if I have to pay more money a month?
Good news! You will never have to apy more!

Do I have any options, if so what are they?
YOU have no options.
Should I have my attorney present?

No. YOUR attorney is not needed. Only the actual PARENTS who's case this is should retain counsel.

If the mother of my son & I come to an agreement will they take that in consideration
:rolleyes:

MCDATX

your husband should come here and ask. no one call really tell you what to tell him to expect without more details.

Gracie3787

Your husband can estimate what the new amount will be by using a CS calculator. Here is one for TX:
Texas Child Support Calculator - AllLaw.com

Yes, if him and ex can come to an agreement on the amount, the court will take that into consideration.

newwife03

Gracie3787**************..

Should my husband use his last years W-2 or does he need to figure it out with his hourly pay for this year? Thank you. What formula should he use?

newwife03

the calculator states net income...which is his income after the deductions are taking out, is that correct or do I need to use his gross income before deductions? Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">