• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

UI benefits?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mycarlb

No, actually... I just spoke with her and she hasn't heard yet... She is waiting for her mail to come, since the person she spoke with on Friday told her that she would either get a check or a denial letter this week... I am keeping my fingers crossed... :D

I'll let you know if I find out anything... thanks for checking back

mycarlb

Ok... a little update but no answer... she just called the adjudicator and he said to her "a determination has been made and you should be seeing something in the mail early next week"... whatever that means I don't know. He wouldn't tell her one way or the other... kinda makes me think she will be denied... but then again... maybe it's just policy not to tell the person of any decision good or bad...

So, I guess I will let you know next week what comes to her mail box... Sure hope it's a big fat check...LOL They owe her now for 8 weeks of unemployment benefits

mycarlb said:
Ok... a little update but no answer... she just called the adjudicator and he said to her "a determination has been made and you should be seeing something in the mail early next week"... whatever that means I don't know. He wouldn't tell her one way or the other... kinda makes me think she will be denied... but then again... maybe it's just policy not to tell the person of any decision good or bad...

So, I guess I will let you know next week what comes to her mail box... Sure hope it's a big fat check...LOL They owe her now for 8 weeks of unemployment benefits
yeah, he would defnitely not be telling her regardless of the decision. well, that reminds me, i too should be rec'ving a nice check. well, not too nice since i work 2-3 days a week, but still. :D.

i can't wait to find out what happens to your friend. :)

mycarlb

She was denied benefits today in the mail. She won't be going for the appeal because she is tired of fighting it, and she just got an incredible job, so she won't have time to do that anyway... Which I understand... she may or may not win on appeal, but NYS counts on the fact that if they prolong it long enough, people will simply give up...

Thanks to all who replied... I just thank God that I have a great company I work for too... :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">