• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unclear/ unfair expectations

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

crch

You are the one who tried to involve all of mankind being in a concerted effort against you. Sorry bout yer luck. :cool:
No. I made a comment about an issue facing society. At that time you had the option to agree or disagree. You chose to say; "people like me" are the reason that women are undervalued. As far as general statements about all mankind- you are the kind of guy that makes women (in general) think all men (in general) are a$$holes.

crch

actually, it is closer to a milking schedule applied to a dairy cow and they are trained to be milked at certain times of the day. A woman can be trained just the same way.
I'm seriously done here- delating the account and what not BUT just an FYI incase you ever find someone willing to **** you and raise your child; dairy cows give birth and the calf is then taken to be used for veal. As such the animal only produces what is required of it (twice a day milking). If a cow was feeding a calf it would need to be milked more than twice a day. ALSO cows, unlike people, have been "created" to serve that purpose.

OHRoadwarrior

Tell that to people who worship them. :cool:

I'm seriously done here- delating the account and what not BUT just an FYI incase you ever find someone willing to **** you and raise your child; dairy cows give birth and the calf is then taken to be used for veal. As such the animal only produces what is required of it (twice a day milking). If a cow was feeding a calf it would need to be milked more than twice a day. ALSO cows, unlike people, have been "created" to serve that purpose.

crch

You cannot accept that you screwed up. First, you got knocked up, when you could not afford to have a child and not work. Then you could not find any job you are qualified for, that meets the schedule a new mother must meet. Then you screwed the pooch on the job you did have. All this cannot be your fault or hubbies fault. It is all the fault of society, who does not want to pay for the choices you and hubby have made. Why don't you get a sign and a sun shade for the play pen. Set up by an off ramp taking donations.
I have a masters degree. Finding a job that meets my schedule requirements is NOT that big of a deal. Frankly, having a job that requires me to do direct care is somewhat of a joke. Second, I could afford to have a child and not work and have a typical household. I CHOOSE to go to work because I don't believe that one partner should ever be dependent on an other. I work in human services, he is an engineer- he makes WAY more than I do. So I pay 25% of the bills and keep the rest of MY money in MY personal savings account. "Hubby" pays the rest of the bills, puts money into our joint savings account and also has HIS own money in HIS account. He could very well take a break from his personal account and pay my 25% and still add to our joint savings. Frankly, he could likely take over my 25%, plus what he already does and still add to his own account.

You know what they say about assuming....

crch

Tell that to people who worship them. :cool:
Seriously? It's totally funny to make fun of a major culture. Hindus do not worship cows- they honor them as a source of food and the symbol of life. They worship many GODS as part of their religion.

OHRoadwarrior

I don't really see that I assumed much of anything. I have met doctors that were idiots, did not have a lick of common sense and did not seem to even have more than a basic understanding of what they claimed to be their specialization. Why should your inability to hold jobs below your apparent education level, desperation to obtain unemployment and inability to comprehend basic concepts create a reflection of you different than I interpreted? You could have obtained the degree via team classes online, at one of the for profit diploma mills. In fact, that would explain the disparity. Many people have high incomes and cannot manage to even understand the basics of budgeting, billing, investments or parenting.

I have a masters degree. Finding a job that meets my schedule requirements is NOT that big of a deal. Frankly, having a job that requires me to do direct care is somewhat of a joke. Second, I could afford to have a child and not work and have a typical household. I CHOOSE to go to work because I don't believe that one partner should ever be dependent on an other. I work in human services, he is an engineer- he makes WAY more than I do. So I pay 25% of the bills and keep the rest of MY money in MY personal savings account. "Hubby" pays the rest of the bills, puts money into our joint savings account and also has HIS own money in HIS account. He could very well take a break from his personal account and pay my 25% and still add to our joint savings. Frankly, he could likely take over my 25%, plus what he already does and still add to his own account.

You know what they say about assuming....

Last edited:

commentator

On past all that has been said and argued, OP, in the unemployment hearing, keep the whole issue related to your job related issues with the job. If you deal with their failure to provide you with an appropriate or acceptable place to express milk, keep it brief and related to what the law requires them to provide, and how you tried to work out this issue with them also. None of the "working women" or "good mothers nurse" or "EEOC and women's isses" discussion willhave any place in the appeals hearing.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
General Requirements
Employers are required to provide “reasonable break time for an employee to express breast milk for her nursing child for 1 year after the child’s birth each time such employee has need to express the milk.” Employers are also required to provide “a place, other than a bathroom, that is shielded from view and free from intrusion from coworkers and the public, which may be used by an employee to express breast milk.”
The FLSA requirement of break time for nursing mothers to express breast milk does not preempt State laws that provide greater protections to employees (for example, providing compensated break time, providing break time for exempt employees, or providing break time beyond 1 year after the child’s birth).
Time and Location of Breaks
Employers are required to provide a reasonable amount of break time to express milk as frequently as needed by the nursing mother. The frequency of breaks needed to express milk as well as the duration of each break will likely vary.
A bathroom, even if private, is not a permissible location under the Act. The location provided must be functional as a space for expressing breast milk. If the space is not dedicated to the nursing mother’s use, it must be available when needed in order to meet the statutory requirement. A space temporarily created or converted into a space for expressing milk or made available when needed by the nursing mother is sufficient provided that the space is shielded from view, and free from any intrusion from co-workers and the public.

How is that not a requirement to have different expectations?
That is not even CLOSE to a requirement to have different expectations of your work. That requires them to provide you with break time and a place to pump. It does not in any way, shape or form require them to lower their expectations of your job performance or remove any essential functions from your job description.

justalayman

You have apparently never worked on or been around a dairy farm. The cows are usually milked on a twice a day schedule although some farms milk as much as 6 times daily. They are on a very specific schedule.

if the cow is actually feeding a calf, they feed about 4 times a day but take less than what is during a milking production draw (and a calving cow is not generally used as a milk producer for purposes of selling the milk). Once you get them gals fired up by allowing them to calve, the continued milking keeps that factory running for a long time.

The cow is not milked if it is actually feeding calves. The little guys get it straight from the tap.

as to calves (and due to the statement, it is referring to all calves), being taken for veal production;

just were do you think a beef steak (not a veal steak) comes from or all the adult cattle, including the cattle used to produce milk? If all calves were raised as veal, we would run out of all dairy products in a very short time as you just killed off the cattle production system.

as to a dairy cow producing only what is required (and by your statement, you speak of a cow not feeding a calf but one in a milk production system), they produce as much as the farmer can get them to produce. The more a cow can produce, the more money the farmer makes per pound of milk.

justalayman

[crch;3187291]I have a masters degree.
I am absolutely amazed to hear that.

Finding a job that meets my schedule requirements is NOT that big of a deal.
then stop worrying about unemployment and go get one.

I CHOOSE to go to work because I don't believe that one partner should ever be dependent on an other.
well, I hate to break it to you but your husband is 100% dependent on you to produce children (of course he is required for the insemination) and there is nothing either of you can do about that.

ecmst12

The problem with this situation was a failure to report the break problem to the DOL so they could take action prior to just quitting.

Although it may seem like a logical comparison, it's generally really bad form to compare a nursing human to a cow.

commentator

Don't forget about unemployment, either, I am sure you are avidly looking for a new job where the situation will be better for you. But in the meantime, do the unemployment appeal, keep making the certifications, and when you go to the hearing, keep it job related. You did get a job where you thought you were getting better hours, regular hours, you thought you were going to be treated in a professional and courteous manner, and it didn't work out.

You did find it necessary to quit the job, after making a good faith effort to make the situation work out, to resolve all the problems, so hopefully you may be able to get unemployment benefits for these weeks between when you felt forced to leave this position and when you find that next good position.

So many times, people try to win unemployment insurance hearings with personal and subjective reasons for quitting the job, but if you keep yours related to the job, to the unprofessional way this employer worked with you, you may be able to slant the info they get to a degree that you get approved. Good luck on this, and hopefully you will soon find something else that is better. There are a lot of employers out there who will not work with you in any sort of way, and these are the ones you need to leave for your own personal reasons, because your life would not have been as good if you had continued to work for these people. But keep it work related, and do appeal for benefits for these weeks. you have nothing to lose by pursuing the appeal. .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">