• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Underage Citation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

yourshorter

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvannia

I just need some advice as to what i should do, here is the letter i wrote to my fater. I am 19 years old.

I was over at my friend’s house, playing some Xbox, this was Thursday night; we didn’t have classes on Friday so we were all sleeping over, playing halo, and some football game. There was a little beer there, 1 case to split between 8 guys, so it wasn’t enough to get any one drunk. But any way it was about 2:30am on Friday about an hour or two after my last beer that I went out side with a friend to call jess, and he was calling his girlfriend too. I was leaning up on the kid’s car who owned the house, and a cop car pulled up. we just stood there doing what we were doing, and he asked us what we were up to, we said talking on the phone, he asked why out here, we said no reception inside, and it was noisy. The officer asked if we would like to take a PBT, portable breath tester, and we both agreed not to take it, and the officer asked us to blow in his face, and he said he smelt like we had consumed an intoxicating beverage. Yea my breath still probably smelt like beer, but I wasn’t tipsy or anything. The other people inside saw the flashing lights as two more cop cars pulled up. So they locked the doors and turned the lights out so they wouldn't get caught, I can understand this. They got scared just as much as we were. The officers told me that if I couldn’t get into the house I would receive a citation for underage drinking. I told him that I couldn’t get back In since the doors were locked, and he said ok , and that he needed me to at least knock on the door to try to get them to let me back in. And if I didn’t do that, he would arrest me for public drunkenness. I banged on the door and they didn’t open, so they took me back to the patrol car, and asked me all my information, I gave it all to them, and he wrote me and my friend up citations, and told me that we had to call someone to come and pick us up and take us home, I asked if I could call a cab, and they said no, that it had to be someone we knew. So I called up mike, and he came out and picked us up. Took us back home and that was that.

The officer didn’t fill out the citation form all the way, there is a portion where it says Total Due, and that was never filled out, neither was a fine amount. He told us that we HAD to report the majesty within 10 days or we would have a warrant for our arrest, but the back of the citation says we can mail a portion in saying that we are guilty or not guilty of these acts. But the back side also says that if we plead guilty that we must include a check or money order equal to the total due on the front of the citation. But there is no Amount printed in the total due section. So I am still going to be calling the magisterial district office and asking what and where I need to go to get this all resolved. So I’m not sure what I should do, you know a kid like me would want to get out of **** like this, so me and my friend are talking to a lawyer who gives free counseling, and he thinks that there is some fishy stuff the police pulled on us. We were not arrested on the scene, so they didn’t have to read us our rights or anything, just given a written citation.

Well anyway If you want to see some proof of this so you don’t think I’m joking let me know, cuz I can scan and send you a copy of the citation, or if you want to see the citation yourself.

Any help on this topic would be a blessing, thank you.

moburkes

You haven't asked a legal question. You said that you wrote this letter to your father, which is lovely, but explaining what happened would probably have been faster. It doesn't matter how many beers you had, or whether it was enough to get tipsy, because its illegal either way. I'm not sure what advice you need, except to call, which you already know to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">