• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Undercover cops at my college: what can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shay-Pari'e

RedemptionMan said:
If a police officer sees you in possession of a beverage then they can site you for public intox.WRONG! You do not have to have a glass, or a pipe to be arrested for public intox. Where do you come up with this.

So I am drunk and high as a kite getting naked on a public street, I have no alchohol on me, but I certainly have it in me.

What is the charge?

Last edited:

CdwJava

DoYourJob said:
Now, I am underage. I don't get blackout drunk and do stupid things. But sometimes I do like to have fun on the weekends and enjoy college without being afraid of getting randomly stopped, breathalized, and arrested. I have no criminal record.
Then drink INSIDE!

Ask the majority of DUIs or victims of alcohol poisoning if they intended to do what they did. What starts off as a harmless night of "fun" can have tragic consequences.

Sadly, these are consequences that can be foreseen and prevented.

Yet I don't feel safe anymore, I fear not an attacker but the police, the ones supposedly trying to protect me.
You fear them doing what? Arresting or citing you for breaking the law?

It's much better than getting rolled, hurt or injured I would think.

Oh and a little side note, Waterville spites all of us because the college doesnt pay taxes since its not-for-profit.
All the more reason for them to focus on bad neighbors.

But, just to educate you in economics, being a "not for profit" doesn't exempt them from most taxes. The community gets what they would from virtually any other school. And since most the tax base (such as it is) likely comes from property and sales taxes, then they likely do just fine.

Are there any things I should look out for in the undercover police procedures that may be illegal, or anything I can do to get around these drones.
In addition to JETX's advice, how about staying indoors in your own or a friend's apartment?

- Carl

CdwJava

RedemptionMan said:
your friends do not have to know how many beers you have downed and then you could blow under the limit and do not have to worry about a public intox or DWI charge.....
Being a minor in possession has nothing to do with any particular BAC. If he is in possession of alcohol and under 21, then he can get hit for it.

They may also have a BAC limit for minors on foot, but I doubt it.

- Carl

CdwJava

DoYourJob said:
Isn't it not public intoxication since Im on private property, aka the campus where I live, which is clearly defined and away from any other part of waterville?
Generally, any place open to the public is "in public". Unless your campus has high walls and security guards on the gate, it is subject to the laws. And even if it were truly a private facility, depending on the law in ME it would still likely be illegal to allow underage adults or minors to consume alcohol.

You may not like it, but that is the status of the law. If you CHOOSE to break the law and have what you think is a good time by getting tanked, then be prepared to suffer the consequences for your belief.

In the meantime, some of us will continue scrape the "accidental" victims of your immature behavior off the streets.

- Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">