• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unfair Battery Charge and now my job is at risk - Idaho

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Ok so I took your guys advice and spoke to a lawyer. He had a different perspective than most of you. He had me reenact the incident with him. I showed him where the bouncer was standing, we argued a little bit, and his hat was in my face. I said to get out of my face and flicked his hat. The lawyer laughed. He said I should know better than to flick a cowboys hat. Then he said there have been lots of complaints about the bouncers there and supposedly a few bouncers recently got fired for abusing their power.

I know I prob shouldn't post this here, but I truely beleive I am innocent. He said I can defend myself and possibly lose. I can get a public defender, and I have good chances of getting it dropped, but who knows how much time would be spent on my case. If I hire my own lawyer, I should not worry, and can possibly get them in trouble for abusing their power. He was surprised to see that its been almost a week and I still have handcuff marks and bruises on my wrists. Their power was definately abused. Were talking 3 big dudes against my scrawny self. They put me in handcuffs and just plain abused me while the whole time I am screaming for them to stop and saying over and over again I will cooperate and wait for the cops. They continued until the cop car pulled up and acted like they just cuffed me and that was it.

I know im repeating myself, but it was to clear up some confusion.
I don't think I've ever posted that the charge was objectively valid, but it IS what you have to contend with. Your perceptions and beliefs will not mount to a hill of beans in the long run. What WILL matter is what the state can show through testimony and physical evidence (including video surveillance, if any). I suspect the bouncer will state that you attempted to strike him in the face or something like that. There may also be others that can testify as to your aggressive or angry demeanor outside the bar and characterize you as hostile argumentative, etc.

If it's weak, then the DA will likely not pursue the matter at all. Then I would recommend you find a different watering hole in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">