• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unjust punishment at School

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RUnderwood

What is the name of your state? LA

My son and his girlfriend have been given one day of In school suspension because he left school during lunch, (after advising a teacher, but she didn't say a word) and rushed his girlfriend to the hospital after shortness of breath and at times, not being able to stand up. As soon as he got in the vehicle, he called me and I called the school to check him out, and they said it was too late that he and her will be punished.

Would I have a dog in the race if I tried to fight this?

Thanks

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? LA

My son and his girlfriend have been given one day of In school suspension because he left school during lunch, (after advising a teacher, but she didn't say a word) and rushed his girlfriend to the hospital after shortness of breath and at times, not being able to stand up. As soon as he got in the vehicle, he called me and I called the school to check him out, and they said it was too late that he and her will be punished.

Would I have a dog in the race if I tried to fight this?

Thanks
Nope! If she was in such distress an ambulance should have been called. Or her parents.

lealea1005

Why did he just walk her over to the school nurse's office so her condition could be evaluated? Regardless of getting an in school suspension, I hope he realizes how dumb it was to try and transport some one in the conditon she was in.....if she was truly in that condition, that is. :rolleyes: What would he have done if she stopped breathing while he was driving?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">