• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unreported income

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nextwife

I always wonder when people who don't work for the IRS can claim to KNOW someone not in their household is not FILING taxes. Absence of a REFUND does NOT mean one is not filing.

TinkerBelleLuvr

I always wonder when people who don't work for the IRS can claim to KNOW someone not in their household is not FILING taxes. Absence of a REFUND does NOT mean one is not filing.
Well, I KNEW my X wasn't filing. And she says how?

The IRS sends over to Social Security Administration the addresses they have on file (from tax returns). Now, the last return my X had done was in 1998 (until he did one in 2005). The IRS gets the 'change of address' forms. My X's SSA letters came to my house in another state. Since I do NOT mess with the feds, I sent them back. They finally stopped coming in 2006. THAT is when I knew that he had finally filed.

So, there are ways.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">