• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

unstable parents..aunt or grandparent get custody of kids?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

First of all, the Aunt is doing the writing. Second, she has no "legal standing" to do anything. Third, without CPS writing a report, she has no "proof" to show a judge.

Gee, legaleagle, and I thought we were buddies - - even if you are a girl.

IAAL

L

legaleagle74

I'm buddies with noone. I am not referring to anything legal, who knows who has a right to do what, I don't and don't claim to know.

I am simply responding to your tone with this poster. I didn't think it was cool.

Wanna be buddies? be nice, comprende'?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

legaleagle74 said:
I'm buddies with noone. I am not referring to anything legal, who knows who has a right to do what, I don't and don't claim to know.

I am simply responding to your tone with this poster. I didn't think it was cool.

Wanna be buddies? be nice, comprende'?

My response:

Bye-bye.

IAAL

K

knorris

Been through it.

We went through the same situation but it was DHS that removed the kids. They called us the same day and allowed us to pick them up and take them home. We later went in front of a judge who gave us temp. custody after my sister was sent to prison we were given perminent custody. good luck I know how you feel it's always a sad situation. Kathe

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Originally posted by Grace_Adler

"Does that Bye-bye mean what I think it does?"

================================

My response:

Sadly, yes.

You know me too well, Grace.

IAAL

Grace_Adler

Well, I'm still learning IAAL but I think I'm getting there, so bear with me :).

Hey if it will make you feel better, we could all get together and wash "I Wanna Be Like You". We promise not to scratch her or take her for a joy ride. (That is the name of your Beamer right? I'm going to be so embarrassed if it isn't.:eek: )

Last edited:
L

Lil Miss Smarty Panties

hmmm

LegalEagle reminds me of someone we all use to love to hate. And I don't think "he's" a "girl" ;)

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Grace_Adler said:
Well, I'm still learning IAAL but I think I'm getting there, so bear with me :).

Hey if it will make you feel better, we could all get together and wash "I Wanna Be Like You". We promise not to scratch her or take her for a joy ride. (That is the name of your Beamer right? I'm going to be so embarrassed if it isn't.:eek: )

My response:

Oh, goodness, no !

Gee, after all the times I've decribed "I Wanna Be Like You", I thought everyone knew that she's my 1967 Chevy "Impala" lowrider ! Her "name" is scrolled on the rear window. And, sorry, but no one (or as some would say, "noone") other than myself, washes her. Because her paintjob and trim require special care, I'm the only one who gets out there to care for her, and gently stroke her, ever so lovingly.

My BMW is an "everyday" car, as is my Rolls-Royce "Corniche."

Thanks for the offer, anyway.

IAAL

LegalBeagle

legaleagle74 said:
This is what I would do, I would take her to court and prove her unfit, and obtain temporary custody, until she completed a drug abuse program and could prove she could provide for the kids the correct way.

See, someone can give you an informed answer, without being an ass, how about that?
How do you define a wrong answer as informed?

A

aljms7

Legaleagle74

Thanks for the information, Do I need to get a lawyer for this? I dont even know where to begin! Do you have any idea how long it takes to get custody, even temp custody of the children? Thanks again! -amy

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Re: Legaleagle74

aljms7 said:
Thanks for the information, Do I need to get a lawyer for this? I dont even know where to begin! Do you have any idea how long it takes to get custody, even temp custody of the children? Thanks again! -amy

My response:

Listen, this will be the last time I write to you.

First of all, your above post is like "the blind leading the blind." All because "LegalEagle74" is telling you what you "think" you want to read, that doesn't mean it's correct.

You're new "saviour" has never been in a courtroom as an "advocate"; i.e., LegalEagle74 is not an attorney. Other than telling you to "get an attorney", she couldn't begin to tell you "how long it takes" or "where to begin".

First, she says: "This is what I would do, I would take her to court and prove her unfit, and obtain temporary custody, until she completed a drug abuse program and could prove she could provide for the kids the correct way."

And then, LegalEagle74 says, "I am not referring to anything legal, who knows who has a right to do what, I don't and don't claim to know".

Doesn't that say ANYTHING to you?

Without CPS, or DHS involvement, you have no "legal standing" to file anything on your own. You're just the aunt, and you have no solid proof of anything, anyway. Courts are extremely protective of children and their relationship with parents. Without an independent agency making a determination of unfitness, and writing a report to the court for a "dependancy hearing", you have no proof to present except for your emotional statements that can't be corroborated; i.e., everything you've said, or would say, is "hearsay." If there is "cause" to remove, CPS would place the children in a protected home until a hearing can be held. Second, once there's a dependancy hearing, the court would probably place the children into foster care pending an investigation on you. Remember, the court doesn't know who you are, and all because you say you're the aunt, doesn't mean that the court will just "will-nilly" place the children in your care.

This is not an overnight ordeal, and "LegalEagle74" knows nothing about law, and procedures. She only knows what "she feels." That, and a dime, won't help you.

Either call Child Protective Services, or do nothing.

IAAL

Last edited:

Grace_Adler

*wishes ground would open up and swallow me whole*

IAAL,

A thousand apologies. I never got the whole story on "I Wanna Be Like You". My face is flaming red. I'm ssssoooooo embarrassed! :eek:

That's ok, I understand how precious she is to you. She's a classic. Well, we could always wash the Beamer and Rolls. Love them Rolls. Great taste in cars. Oh don't worry, we wouldn't be gone too long. LOL! ;)

Oh yeah, I've noticed alot of noones on the forum lately. LOL!;)

K

KCMR

aljms7

Not to like come into this conversation once it has already ended but...
How are these children not in danger? If you amy, really care about these children you should take the steps to do the right thing...even if it does involve the state.

aljms7

If you want to be the obvious choice with social services should the children be removed, begin the process of becoming a foster family BUT be aware social services could still assign them to another foster family, particularly if the parents request it.

In the meantime, you could file for custody, you could call social services. Every avenue of action comes with certain risks. Consult an attorney. Aw heck! Go for broke and consult a few attorneys. Don't pick the one that tells you what you want to hear, but the one that tells you what you don't want to hear.

*sizzle*

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">