• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Unwanted Name Change Publication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justalayman

quincy;3387341]Re-read the post that I deleted (but not before you quoted it apparently). I never called you a bigot. I don't think you are.

well, it's Thursday so here we go:

thank you. It was apparently a misunderstanding by me. As I read it, the statement simply said; you should think as i do and you are wrong if you don't. That's pretty much the definition of a bigot but my apologies. I truly don't believe you ever intend to be offensive but sometimes one has to call a duck a duck.
so;

I was wwwwr...

I was wwwrrrrwwwrrrrr...

I was wrong.

I said your thinking was different than mine, though, which it is.
Oh, that's probably more of an understatement than you will ever realize;)

That said, I am trying to figure out how this thread could wind up being a verbal assault on this poster. That makes no sense to me. I saw nothing that MacNamara said that was unreasonable. MacNamara wanted to know if the name/gender change could be removed from online records because of fears that public access could negatively influence people who ran across the records. Laws on name-change publications were changed partially in response to the same concerns MacNamara expressed here. The concerns expressed were not unreasonable concerns.
That was the question but the underlying reasoning, especially when OP started tossing out accusations they were being affected by the issue was something else. (and I don't care, saying ND might have used that as a reason, especially with a claim of being so overly qualified, is tantamount to an outright claim that was the reason.)

MacNamara's mention of Notre Dame was in response to my comment about religious institutions. Those who are transgender may have more difficulty being accepted to a religious college or university. It was understandable for MacNamara to think the record of name and gender change might have played a role in not being accepted to Notre Dame, whether that was the actual reason or not (and it more than likely had no role at all).
THERE is my problem.

No, it was not reasonable to think it played a role; not without some evidence. Not only all OP had was their suspicions, which are apparently strongly influenced by their paranoia about everybody is going to think poorly of them if they discover they are transgender, before even suggesting such a possibility, OP should have actually researched the school he/she/it/ I don't care was bashing. OP could have seen that ND takes great efforts to not discriminate against those in the alphabet community. Maybe if OP investigated that OP may have realized it might be something else, like OP simply did not rise to the level ND required to be admitted to their school.

but NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

it must be that they (might) have discovered OP was trans and of course that means that must be the reason they were denied

Ya see, I really don't have a problem with people in the alphabet community (I'll always admit I don't understand it but none the less, I don't really care what they are doing). I have a real problem with those that stand on a table and say; IT"S BECAUSE I"M [alphabet], isn't it?

and please don't take offense to my use of "the alphabet community". I do it because I can never remember the initials and it seems they keep adding a letter. I can never seem to keep track of the name of the day. The name is not to offend so if somebody takes offense by it, maybe they should look in the mirror to find out why they are offended. A person that takes offense where none is intended, it's on them.

At any rate, I deleted my post because I don't throw rocks at people if they think differently than I do - although sometimes I might feel like doing so. :p
it was more of a puffball.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">