• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update: Jurisdiction and Extra Visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ziphash

Extra Visitation: We picked my son up Monday night in AL at my ex's. Everything went smoothely for the 1st time since the divorce. So far, my ex hasn't given me any problems.

Jurisdiction: The hearing for AL to take jurisdiction from OH was held this past Tuesday. Because of all the lies my ex told and the fact that she filed a motion in OH courts just last month, AL didn't take jurisdiction and left it up to the OH courts.

We have two more things to take care of. The first thing is to see what can be done about her trying to force me into letting her husband adopt my son. The second thing is that she's lying to cs so she can get the cs raised.

I'll post updates when something happens.

U

Ukiah

ziphash said:
Extra Visitation: We picked my son up Monday night in AL at my ex's. Everything went smoothely for the 1st time since the divorce. So far, my ex hasn't given me any problems.

Jurisdiction: The hearing for AL to take jurisdiction from OH was held this past Tuesday. Because of all the lies my ex told and the fact that she filed a motion in OH courts just last month, AL didn't take jurisdiction and left it up to the OH courts.

We have two more things to take care of. The first thing is to see what can be done about her trying to force me into letting her husband adopt my son. The second thing is that she's lying to cs so she can get the cs raised.

I'll post updates when something happens.
I'm glad things are going well with your ex, of course she knows she's done wrong, and she's trying to cover her ass now. Keep up the good work of showing her true character in court.

I'm kinda working the same thing against my ex. We're going in for Change of Venue begining of next month. And after that (he doesn't know it yet) I'm going to petition the courts for custody. I've got a lot of evidence against him and am going to do my damnedest (sp?) to show his true character in court. Then I'm going to have his wife prosecuted for giving out information on me that she obtained through her work to my X, which he has already admitted to.

I just hope my daughter won't be put in the middle by them.

Good luck!
Ukiah

ziphash

I got my son as planned. Everything went well. My ex was actually decent for the first time since even before the divorce. She didn't give me any problems during the visitation. I returned him on the agreed upon time.

I just wanted to let everyone know how it turned out. Maybe things will finally work out. Thanks for listening.

A

ARCHON3

your child support and adoption issues

FYI--I used to work in child support enforcement. Obviously I can't give legal advice b/c I'm not a lawyer, but I am a paralegal. Child support guidelines vary from state to state, unfortunately. I live in Nebraska, and the way that they figure out what amount of support should be paid is by taking the income of both parents, putting in into some formula, and out comes the amount. I assume that they verify the financial information of both parties. I don't know how it works in Alaska, but if you can show that she is giving inaccurate information, then I doubt the amount would be raised.

Regarding the adoption by her new husband, in general, they have to have your permission, unless you have given up your parental rights. I think that will be tough for them to do. Good luck!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">