• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rissaface

What is the name of your state? CA
I_m not sure who cares but I thought I_d give the update

So here is the story that was already posted:
i got my dui on a friday/saturday jan, 5/6
i took the blood test after being arrested and taken to jail. i spent the night in jail and on the 12th i got my test results back. i was under the .08 at .07 it was actually my first time ever even been pulled over. i was pulled over after pulling off of main street in Huntington beach and the motorcycle cop that pulled me over was a dui unit. On the police report it said I did a rolling stop through a stop sign and didn_t have a front plate.

Here is the new news:
i went to court on March 1st. i didn't get a lawyer (thanks to the great advise i got from here)
my name wasn't on the calendar to go in the court so i had to stand in line to find out that the DA hasn't made a decision on my case and supposedly they have up to a year to keep me in limbo not knowing what might happen. i thought the two months till my court date was torture... now i'm stuck playing the waiting game, but at least i have more time to save up money for a lawyer if it comes down to that.

bedrock

10 months in limbo , and two to go .... Ya could do a cheeh and chong , or around the circle . !0 months in limbo 2 to go , I'd eat you up like a crow . !0 months in limbo , oh I need to know , will the old patch finally get me , do ya know .

Now what IS your question ?
WTF ?
So many haters, so little time to pray for them.

garrula lingua

Riss:
You worry too much about what you cannot change.
Change your behavior - you have control over that ... don't drink and drive.

With, or without, a lawyer, the Prosecutor has one year to file.

You will not be charged.

Relax.

Now that you're involved with state government you get to see what waiting is really all about. It's a huge mess. I mean seriously. State, county, and city government is a disaster. I don't think I have to say what this means to your tax dollars. :mad:

garrula lingua

Now that you're involved with state government you get to see what waiting is really all about. It's a huge mess. I mean seriously. State, county, and city government is a disaster. I don't think I have to say what this means to your tax dollars. :mad:
Waiting was the best result for Riss. The alternative was prosecution.

WTH are you on about ?
What does the criminal justice system have to do with your attitude ?
Are you saying they should have prosecuted Riss ( & speedily and rigorously) ???

So far, Riss saved him/herself quite a bit of money & s/he isn't charged.
Why are you, Silly, moaning about the government ?

"WTH are you on about ?
What does the criminal justice system have to do with your attitude ?
Are you saying they should have prosecuted Riss ( & speedily and rigorously) ???

So far, Riss saved him/herself quite a bit of money & s/he isn't charged.
Why are you, Silly, moaning about the government ?"

-- Well, let's see where do we begin?. I pay child support and the state always has it screwed up because their sytems don't work. So, my company is paying me time to call them every month and get it fixed. The DMV lost all the documents they were sent so I could get my driver's licence, and it took a good 2 weeks plus to get that straightened out. I paid a DUI attorney to do nothing more than show up to court. I paid and attended alchoho school where during a 2 hour session, you spend 1 1/2 hours sitting on your ass waiting for the counselor to show up. And then all that really happens is roll call. Need I say more?

garrula lingua

-- Well, let's see where do we begin?.
I pay child support and the state always has it screwed up because their sytems don't work. So, my company is paying me time to call them every month and get it fixed.

How long will you be paying cs ? Years, right ?
Pay one extra month (yes, pay in advance).
It's worth it, not to have to trace monies, five days each month & the other parent will have the $ timely, & it will save your employer $$. (It's worth the relief from the stress)

The DMV lost all the documents they were sent so I could get my driver's licence, and it took a good 2 weeks plus to get that straightened out.
DMV is an agency which is better dealt with on a personal basis.
Two weeks + isn't bad; you got it straightened out - good on you

I paid a DUI attorney to do nothing more than show up to court.
Well, in many DUIs, that's all that an atty can do. The Prosecutor will usually offer a standard plea.

I paid and attended alchoho school where during a 2 hour session, you spend 1 1/2 hours sitting on your ass waiting for the counselor to show up. And then all that really happens is roll call.
First, bring a good book (this IS punishment, of a sort). Second, report the lazy SOB (after he has signed off your paperwork) for not doing his job.

Need I say more?[/QUOTE]
Come on, Silly - sounds like your life is under control .... smile.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">