• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Urgent Advice Needed!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ringobjingo

What is the name of your state? Florida

I need facts. What are te laws in Florida surrounding evicting tennants by turning off the utilities? I ask, as it was my employer - hence im in this forum. Next, My former employer - same person - refused to pay upward of $3000 for work completed. We hired an attorney who as soon as he talked to my former employer, decided he was on his side. They tried to make an offer - $900 - of which I am going to decline. This is not justifiable. Also, the manner in which the attorney acted with the opponant was very unprofessional... suddenly on first name terms etc - very 'pally'.
Now, my former employer, is claiming I 'stole' some documents from him. In fact, after turning off our electric and threatning us so we would move out, some papers were mixed up in our things. These are not the same ones he is saying we 'stole'. And we are returning these tomorrow. But I wish for no financial agreement to be made, as - like I said - $900 wont get it. My expenses for the work completed were more than that! I was dismayed at the attorneys attitude, and the fact he was suckered in so easily. This man is a chronic liar and owes many people money. I'd like to know if others tink I should pursue a small claims case ($3000) ?? I feel very betrayed by our OWN lawyer wo is trying to charge us now he has changed 'sides'! And my former employer needs learn to pay is bills! Restitution is needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">