• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

US Citizen filing for family

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jcgomar

What is the name of your state?State? Utah

Hi, I need to explain my story a little bit before going to the questions.

I was born in the US, because of my dad's job, but after that, we moved to Mexico City from where my parents are so I grewed up there. I married to a Mexican woman and have now 2 children, the oldest has 2 years old and the youngest has 10 months old. Since June 2004 I moved to Salt Lake City, and found a really good job. I came here with my mom, who has a visitors visa wich will expire on December 31st 2004. We found that I can file for my family for adjustment of status, and because my wife doesn't have a visa I needed to file an I130 for her, and then an I129F to bring her as a K3/K4 visa or something like that. Now, the oldest child is having nervious problems because I haven't been with him so the doctor recommended us that I needed to be with him again, so I did. I traveled back to Mexico City, and 2 days ago I received an e-mail from USCIS saying that the I130 has been approved, and that they sent me a letter in Dec 17th. The questions are:

1) If the I130 was approved, what about the I129F?

2) I found that I need to file an affidavit of support, but I haven't declared taxes because this if my fist half year living if the US, what can I do?

3) I did all the paperwork for my mom, and I'm ready to file the I130, I485, I765, I131, and all of that stuff of the I1485 package. But the same problem, what can I do with the Affadavit of support (I864) if I have not enough record?.

4) I'm sure that the I130 will need some time to get the visa, but I really need to go back to the US, and at the same time I can't leave my kids here in Mexico so, can I do something to bring them with me sooner?, probably using the letters of the diagnostics of the doctors?

I really appressiate all the help you can give me.

Sincerly
JC Gomar

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">