• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Use Patent??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

divgradcurl

One thing BB and I will continue to disagree on apparently is MY GENDER. I know that my wife is convinced that I am not a she...

KDP:

I do feel that my process and method of teaching is "most definitely" unique and "should" have some weight, here!
Great. Now the next step, as you've been told, is to take it to a patent agent or patent attorney registered to practice before the USPTO and have them determine whether or not it is worth filing a patent on.

Whether or not an invention is patentable is depended on a number of things:

1. Is it patentable subject matter (35 USC 101)?

2. Is it novel -- has it been described or invented before? Has it been described in written form ANYWHERE in the ENTIRE world more than a year ago (35 USC 102)?

3. Is it inobvious -- that is, would someone "skilled in the art" see it as an obvious improvement over existing inventions (35 USC 103)?

4. Is it anticipated -- that is, would someone "skilled in the art" be compelled to combine existing technology in the way your described (35 USC 102(a), (b) and (e), MPEP section 2131)?

5. Is there interference -- that is, is someone else claiming to have invented the same thing at roughly the same time, and filed for a patent at roughly the same time?

These are the types of questions that need to be answered in order to determine if something can obtain a patent or not. Even with more information, this is simply NOT something that can be done by quickly reviewing a post or an email.

If you believe in your idea, go see an agent or attorney. An agent will likely be cheaper than an attorney, and can provide the same services (at least with respect to obtaining a patent or determining patentability).

KDP

Diva,

I do have "positive" belief and fact in more than a few of the points listed in your post.

Also, I wish to thank you for your very appreciated time and interest in my questions!!

BB,

I also wish to thank you for your direct and concise direction for my questions!

You both have proven to be very intelligent in your answers and positive in direction (void a comment or two).

Thanks a bunch and if anyone else has a comment, I will be monitoring this thread for a few days!!

My thanks to all!!

Regards,

Keith De Paul

KDP

And, by the way....

If any of you that have responded to any of my posts...

If you have doordings or small dents in your vehicles, I will do my best to find the best technician in you area, for you!!

Just email me!!

KDP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">