• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Using my small laser projector light shows for private party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

OK, so I like to DJ mostly for personal use in my garage. Although, I rarely do gigs for money. And if I do, I really prefer doing gigs for friends or family. But anyway I typically use the laser displays along with a dozen other non laser lights. (This is a big hobby I have). I been using the laser show for the last yearThe other day, someone had mentioned to me about needing a laser variance license to use any laser I have. SO. I say "Well OK".

As i saw in the forms FDA 3147, it seems to focus for someone with a business displaying lights. So it puzzles me. How do i fill out if I only ever use my laser show for mostly personal or private parties. Do I need a laser variance license if I only ever use my laser show for personal use or friends or family parties?

xylene

And Define "small"

As I saw in the forms FDA 3147, it seems to focus for someone with a business displaying lights. So it puzzles me. How do i fill out if I only ever use my laser show for mostly personal or private parties. Do I need a laser variance license if I only ever use my laser show for personal use or friends or family parties?
Does your laser show vary from compliance with 21 CFR 1040.11(c) in design or use?

These regulations came about from people being blinded, so it is not meaningless government BS.

It's a $26 DJ laser projector I bought on Ebay. Also another type of projector. As I saw. The specs on them is :

Red wavelength: 650nm, power: 100mW
Green laser wavelength: 532nm, power: 50mW

This is the spec on both the laser projectors I have. As I saw it, I am now familiarized with the law of lasers over 5mw. And on the research of the law. They are focusing on business owners using them. I have not yet seen anything about using for private home parties. I DONT KNOW though

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">