• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vacation Rental Deposit Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atomizer

Op, ignore these clowns. If the home owners had a maple wood floor, then any damage done by walking on it will be greater than if the floor were oak or some other hard wood. Regardless, by renting to you for the occasion they accepted any normal damage that may have occurred. You can fight this.

atomizer

I like it because fedoraman said that in response to my post. You ought to include that in your signature.;)

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Op, ignore these clowns. If the home owners had a maple wood floor, then any damage done by walking on it will be greater than if the floor were oak or some other hard wood. Regardless, by renting to you for the occasion they accepted any normal damage that may have occurred. You can fight this.
So, by renting out the house, they just said "Here, scratch up the floor! Heck, ya'll are CELEBRATING!" :rolleyes:

Your post is idiotic.

atomizer

No it us you that is moronic/idiotic. But, you know that. When renting to a wedding party you always have an estimate of amount of guests. If your floors are not capable of standing the traffic, then it is your responsibility to take remedies to minimize possible damage.

Silverplum

No it us you that is moronic/idiotic. But, you know that.
I'm keeping that one. ;)

atomizer said:
When renting to a wedding party you always have an estimate of amount of guests. If your floors are not capable of standing the traffic, then it is your responsibility to take remedies to minimize possible damage.
I didn't see that the poster indicated the property owner was informed it was a wedding party. It's an assumption.

atomizer

I'm keeping that one. ;)

I didn't see that the poster indicated the property owner was informed it was a wedding party. It's an assumption.
Auto correct, gotta love it.

Let me see... fiance, and wedding ceremony, yes I might have jump to conclusions. I suppose this could have been a funeral.

ENASNI

Auto correct, gotta love it.

Let me see... fiance, and wedding ceremony, yes I might have jump to conclusions. I suppose this could have been a funeral.

According to The Family Law portion of this site... They are the same thing.

Ba DUM dum

>Charlotte<

Lurker
What does the rental contract say (if anything) about "normal wear and tear"?

Also, what exactly does the homeowner mean by scratch damage? Are they talking about scuffs from dancing that can be polished out, or is there a deep scratch running across the foyer from the band dragging an amp across it?

I don't think there's enough information here to tell OP anything, one way or the other.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">