• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle inspections

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

commentator

So agree about buying an older car from the snowy parts of the country! Our kids come down south to buy used cars. But then, of course, you have to beware of hurricane cars, which have been involved in flooding. My husband (mechanic/body man's son) is an excellent person to take with you to look at a car. But unfortunately, it is really hard to tell a young person of limited means trying to buy a car that "looks okay" and "goes when I start it and mash the gas" doesn't mean it's a good buy. Hope you and he can work something out soon.

Hole9yard

Update
my son made a complaint to the Dpw of Rhode Island and had them inspect the vehicle. And it was determined that the vehicle shouldn’t have pass the state inspection. They in turn sent a notification to the inspection place and which they have to respond within 10 work days. Got information that they did respond and decided to go to court. Now this court is just a fancy why of saying they are going into an office and talk about it. As we lead to believe that they will get fine and if the don’t what to settle with my son they they also face a 30 day suspension from inspections. But was told that this is the state doing this and the state doesn’t do anything fast. Lol

quincy

Update
my son made a complaint to the Dpw of Rhode Island and had them inspect the vehicle. And it was determined that the vehicle shouldn’t have pass the state inspection. They in turn sent a notification to the inspection place and which they have to respond within 10 work days. Got information that they did respond and decided to go to court. Now this court is just a fancy why of saying they are going into an office and talk about it. As we lead to believe that they will get fine and if the don’t what to settle with my son they they also face a 30 day suspension from inspections. But was told that this is the state doing this and the state doesn’t do anything fast. Lol
Thanks for the update. It sounds promising for your son.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">