• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicle purchased not what I wanted

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kat30s

I live in California. This is a weird situation. My husband and I live in the mountains and were in need of a 4 wheel drive vehicle to get up and down the mountain to go to work on bad weather days. We purchased a used vehicle that was 4 wheel drive. We had some problems wioth the 4 wheel, and brought it to the dealership for repair (after owning it for 2 days). We were informed by the shop tht this particular vehicle is not designed for driving on the roads, but only on very rough terrain, and the 4 wheel will pop out of gear if driven in a straight line for 50 feet or more. The specific reason for us buying this vehicle, as the dealership knows, was for safe driving in bad weather. Incidently, the dealership is a used car dealership, and is not the maker of the vehicle. Basically this vehicle is useless to us - we my as well have purchased another 2 wheel drive. We still want a 4 wheel drive from the same dealership, as we have purchased vehicles from them before. Is there any recourse for us, or are we stuck with a vehicle that is not what we asked for? Any advice will help. Thanks in advance.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

You may have a chance if the dealer is in a good mood. However, do you know, or have you heard the phrase, "caveat emptor"?

If not, use the "search" button at the top, and use caveat emptor as your search term.

Read.

IAAL

kat30s

Well obviously not really what I wnted to hear, but oh well can't do anything about that. I had a positive response from my salesman today, and I am speaking with the generl manager tomorrow. We have a good relationship with the dealer so I will cross my fingers!

Thanks

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

kat30s said:
it is a 99 suzuki grand vitara

====================================

My response:

Oh, it's one of them "wind-up" toys they call an automobile.

Well, isn't any wonder to you why? It's a Suzuki "Piece 'O Sh*t". Hell, it didn't work properly when it was brand new. What made you think that a 5 year old Suzuki "Piece 'O Sh*t" would function?

IAAL

P.S. I think somebody needs a subscription to "Consumer Reports". What do you think?

Last edited:

kat30s

you know IAAL, I have always appreciated your strightforwardness and no holds barred approach to your answers - you always tell it like it is. I did do an aweful lot of research on this vehicle before purchase and it seemed the best way to go for the purpose intended - however no-where does it make any mention of the 4 wheel drive quirk. I realize it is not the best vehicle on the market, but when you don't have the means to buy something better, you make due with what you can. So, although I appreciate your advice, my choice in buying a piece of s*** does not require comment, after all, you don't know my personal situation. And if you read my original post - it works fine, just the 4 wheel drive design was bunk.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">