• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Vehicular Manslaughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nykizzle

I just want to say thank you to everybody on here... you guys helped me more than you know. I learned to not use caps... and really stick to the facts of this case. I know too that I would be outraged if somebody didn't have a license and was traveling at 90 mph on the road... and left the scene... Yes i would be outraged... but then you fill in all the "facts" and "circumstances" and that's where our laws come into place. Case by Case instead of set in stone. So we will see which side of the 51% 49% our Justice will prevail Justice :confused:

nykizzle

OP, do you have any more legal questions for CDW (or anyone else)? If not, this thread has long outlived its usefulness.

This forum is not the place to litigate your cousin's criminal case. It also is not your personal blog.
Yes I do actually,, if i may .... but i will save it for another time ha thanks guys

Last edited:

proud_parent

Yes I do actually,, if i may :confused:... After a Judge dismisses a Hit and Run because it wasn't the flight or the running that caused their deaths but rather the crash itself...

Can the prosecutor refile with more serious harsher charges?
You know the answer to that. The prosecutor already did so.

Ladyback1

What was his license suspended for in the first place?

Or have I missed the answer to that question?

Did he turn himself in or was he picked up and arrested?

These things can play into his defense and/or prosecution.

proud_parent

by your quote at the bottom I don't know if you brushed your teeth but I can bet you sharpened your tongue... ;)
I did brush my teeth, but alas, my tongue sharpener is in the shop for repairs.

Yes, it is indeed possible for prosecutors to dismiss the initial charges and subsequently file new charges. Why do you believe that should not have been allowed in this case?

nykizzle

I did brush my teeth, but alas, my tongue sharpener is in the shop for repairs.

Yes, it is indeed possible for prosecutors to dismiss the initial charges and subsequently file new charges. Why do you believe that should not have been allowed in this case?
k i'll answer only because you said your tongue sharpener is not in reach... lol jk I just though it a little odd because hit and run is a lesser charge... if i'm correct.. ??

proud_parent

k i'll answer only because you said your tongue sharpener is not in reach... lol jk I just though it a little odd because hit and run is a lesser charge... if i'm correct.. ??
It isn't odd at all for a prosecutor to drop a lesser charge and refile with a more serious charge as new information comes to light.

nykizzle

It isn't odd at all for a prosecutor to drop a lesser charge and refile with a more serious charge as new information comes to light.
got it. I know you know I got a But... in there .... but i don't want to be like I'm grasping at like all possible straws or anything. It's just a hole lot of things don't exactly pan out right on whole lot of "little" things... that are really shady... that's all. But thanks for answering me... glad i caught you without that sharpener... but i would bet you have one somewhere on reserve... lol

nykizzle

He had no prior traffic tickets... I don't believe he has ever even had a license.... but the suspension code is for child support at a young age.. .. the License # they have is actually an ID #... and I don't think he went farther then his driving permit because of child support. and i am only answering what you ask... please don't rip me a new one :(

yes he turned himself in...

nykizzle

Let me rephrase that ... he called and told them he was going to the hospital to be treated. cause he was really really hurt. so I don;t know if YOU would consider that turning yourself in... i want to give the truth.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">