• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal abuse while given tickets

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tmansor

WARREN MI:

While being given tickets for driving under a suspended license and expired tabs, the officer referred to me as a "fag".

the exact phrase was, to another officer in the squad car: "This fag wants to keep lying to me"

this was after many other expeltives and harsh words, but that phrase was the only heard by a witness (albeit another officer)

I would have no problem with rough language from anyone else, becasue i would be able to deal with it in my own way (returning words or fighting). but i cant knock his teeth out because hes a cop.

can i take any action against him for saying something like that to me? what if he used the N-word. although obviously not as extreme, isn't that kind of the same thing?

andi'mnotgay

can i take any action against him?

HomeGuru

tmansor said:
WARREN MI:

While being given tickets for driving under a suspended license and expired tabs, the officer referred to me as a "fag".

the exact phrase was, to another officer in the squad car: "This fag wants to keep lying to me"

this was after many other expeltives and harsh words, but that phrase was the only heard by a witness (albeit another officer)

I would have no problem with rough language from anyone else, becasue i would be able to deal with it in my own way (returning words or fighting). but i cant knock his teeth out because hes a cop.

can i take any action against him for saying something like that to me? what if he used the N-word. although obviously not as extreme, isn't that kind of the same thing?

andi'mnotgay

can i take any action against him?

**A: file a complaint with the poliice dept.

T

tmansor

nope. the tabs had been expired for only 6 days, and i just havent had been able to get out of work in time to do it.

he asked me how my driving record was, and i said besides a few tickets, its fine.

but he said it showed my lic. suspended. and i had no clue. went to DMV monday and they said for a ticket not paid, it was suspended over a year and a half ago. BUT, since then i've been pulled over, got a new car, changed auto insurance, gotten registration, and none of these other cops, insurance agents, or people at the DMV mentioned a suspension. but bla bla bla

anyways i'm not fighing any of the tickets, DMV is "investigating" how they let me do all those things under a suspended licence.

thats not the problem. he went off, telling me how tough he was for working in harder cities than mine, F- you mother F-er, this and that.

but the only thing someone else heard was the fag line.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">