• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

verbal seperation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LdiJ

How is that playing games with the court? The court has jurisdiction over BOTH parents and the children -- unlike other states. It is not playing games to file in HI and then move. It is following the law.
Its playing games if you get the courts to force the children back to Hawaii, and are getting out of the military in one month and have no intention of remaining in Hawaii.

LdiJ

Where did he say he claimed a home state for military purposes? Oh. No where. Why are you adding information that the OP never gave us?
Notice the word IF. That's not adding information. Most military personnel claim a home state of residence because there are valid reasons for them to do so, including getting moved back to your home state when your military service ends.

Therefore it was perfectly proper for me to have made that statement, including an IF.

mistoffolees

Its playing games if you get the courts to force the children back to Hawaii, and are getting out of the military in one month and have no intention of remaining in Hawaii.
It's also playing games if you're really an alien from the planet Znadarn and are only disguised to look like a human.

See? I can come up with meaningless, imaginary scenarios, too.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
No it is not. It is not playing games to ask the HI courts to have the children RETURNED TO THEIR FATHER who wants custody when the HI courts HAVE JURISDICTION. That is not game playing. That is operating within the law.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's also playing games if you're really an alien from the planet Znadarn and are only disguised to look like a human.

See? I can come up with meaningless, imaginary scenarios, too.
SHOOT. Do you eat hamsters and other rodents with your detachable jaw?:eek:

kneeman

Re:

ok..she is collecting food stamps..iz that going to come back on me..i have set up transfers to her account..so if the judge ask where my proof iz..its all in my bank..her name iz on the transfer list..i do not want my children on welfare when we divorce..or section 8 housing..i grew up in the system..i want better for my kids..wife iz lazy and would rather live off of the state then get a job..so since she had a another baby while in NC and we r still techncally married..so i would be held responsible for the child she had with another guy..dam it makes me mad that after 6 yrs of marriage we have been verbally seperated that she moved on with n a 4 to 6 month period..i have not got n over it yet..and now she tells me she is 2 and half months pregnant makes it worse..

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
ok..she is collecting food stamps..iz that going to come back on me..i have set up transfers to her account..so if the judge ask where my proof iz..its all in my bank..her name iz on the transfer list..i do not want my children on welfare when we divorce..or section 8 housing..i grew up in the system..i want better for my kids..wife iz lazy and would rather live off of the state then get a job..so since she had a another baby while in NC and we r still techncally married..so i would be held responsible for the child she had with another guy..dam it makes me mad that after 6 yrs of marriage we have been verbally seperated that she moved on with n a 4 to 6 month period..i have not got n over it yet..and now she tells me she is 2 and half months pregnant makes it worse..
You really should NOT be doing bank transfers. you need to get a child support order.

LdiJ

If she ends up with primary custody of the children (which is likely what is going to happen if she and the children have been in NC a full six months) then you honestly are not going to have any control of whether or not she receives state benefits for the children. That is going to be between her and the state.

Also, you aren't just verbally separated you are physically separated as well. I really do understand how much it all hurts, but I think that you have to accept the fact that its over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">