• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Verify assets? Make sure I have a case before suing.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

shortcutkid

Indiana

I was involved in a motorcycle accident last year where I was not at fault. Recently, I was released from my doctor's care, so now I begin the journey to reimbursement.

According to everything I've read, my claim is worth close to $150,000, but the insured's limit is 50,000. I understand that her insurance company will only pay the max of $50,000 but I am considering filing suit against her directly.

Could anyone recommend an inexpensive or free way to verify assets and/or find property that the insured owns? If all I could get is a judgement against her, then what's the point of suit, but if she has assets, then I'd consider suing her for reimbursement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">