• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

@violas...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

violas

OK. Remember the police said that if the man gets in our face and yells at us and threatens us that we were to call 911 immediately and they would arrive on the scene. I called 911 when he started his yelling and guess what!!! The police didn't even come and talk to the man!!! They just drove around the block twice and did nothing!!! When I got home, I called the police to ask why they didn't come and help us!!! The police are now saying only call 911 if the man is "physically violent". The police said he can yell at us and be as "totally obnoxious" as he wants as long as he isn't physically violent or make threats of doing physical violence against us.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
OK. Remember the police said that if the man gets in our face and yells at us and threatens us that we were to call 911 immediately and they would arrive on the scene. I called 911 when he started his yelling and guess what!!! The police didn't even come and talk to the man!!! They just drove around the block twice and did nothing!!! When I got home, I called the police to ask why they didn't come and help us!!! The police are now saying only call 911 if the man is "physically violent". The police said he can yell at us and be as "totally obnoxious" as he wants as long as he isn't physically violent or make threats of doing physical violence against us.
So, the police arrived, observed, and decided it was just a bunch of yelling. I would, however, urge you to remember "the boy who cried wolf" in your 911 calls.

quincy

Thank you for the update, violas.

It is probably in your group’s best interests and the guitar-player’s best interest to try to reach some sort of a truce, as disturbances like you describe drives the public away and defeats the purpose of your street corner activities.

I hope you can come to a satisfactory resolution. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">