• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

violation of a contempt order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

82nd Airborne

North Carolina

Hello all, I am the custodial parent of my two minor daughters. The mother moved to Georgia but has visitation. Last year she took the girls to Georgia for her scheduled visit and did not return them to Charlotte. After hiring an attorney and taking her to court, the judge found her guilty and sentenced her to a two day jail sentenced suspended and 12 months probation. This past weekend was her scheduled visit in which she waited until three hours before they were to return and told me that she would bring them all the way into Charlotte instead of the 3/4 of the way that the order stated. She also said she would take the kids to school the next morning (Monday). Long story short, she did not take the kids to school at all even though she said she would. I did not get the girls back until 3:45. She said she was tired and sore from moving. This also ruined the girls' perfect attendance. Please suggest options. Thanks.

Proserpina

North Carolina

Hello all, I am the custodial parent of my two minor daughters. The mother moved to Georgia but has visitation. Last year she took the girls to Georgia for her scheduled visit and did not return them to Charlotte. After hiring an attorney and taking her to court, the judge found her guilty and sentenced her to a two day jail sentenced suspended and 12 months probation. This past weekend was her scheduled visit in which she waited until three hours before they were to return and told me that she would bring them all the way into Charlotte instead of the 3/4 of the way that the order stated. She also said she would take the kids to school the next morning (Monday). Long story short, she did not take the kids to school at all even though she said she would. I did not get the girls back until 3:45. She said she was tired and sore from moving. This also ruined the girls' perfect attendance. Please suggest options. Thanks.
Even though she's (obviously) got something of a history of this stuff, I'm not convinced that there's much you can do right at this second. Speak with your attorney though; just because I don't think this is life-changing - specially since she gave at least something of an explanation behind it - doesn't mean your attorney would agree. Maybe you need to request supervised visitation in the short term.

SESmama

OP has a history of trying to exclude mom from the kids' lives. That and to get mom in as much trouble with the courts.

82nd Airborne

SESmama, What kind of statement is that? If this means what it appears to mean, you are part of the problem that is slowly changing in the eyes of the courts when it comes to custody cases where the mom has traditionally hopped on the mother "whoa is me " train. If you read any of my posts with unbiased eyes, you will you will see that I simply try to be the voice for my girls and to minimize the bitter prompted attempts to disrupt the girls' lives. This is far from trying to keep them from their mother. Keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.

Silverplum

SESmama, What kind of statement is that? If this means what it appears to mean, you are part of the problem that is slowly changing in the eyes of the courts when it comes to custody cases where the mom has traditionally hopped on the mother "whoa is me " train. If you read any of my posts with unbiased eyes, you will you will see that I simply try to be the voice for my girls and to minimize the bitter prompted attempts to disrupt the girls' lives. This is far from trying to keep them from their mother. Keep your ill-informed opinions to yourself.
You don't decide who posts.

We decide whether or not we want to get re-involved with a poster.

LdiJ

North Carolina

Dad, I am not very impressed with you. This is really petty on your part. Particularly in light of the fact that the reason why mom kept the kids last year was because you beat the older one with a belt, through her clothing and still managed to cause bruising. How you managed to get mom actually sentenced to suspended jail time and probation for that is beyond my comprehension. You should be eternally grateful that you dodged the bullet on that one.

I have no options to suggest for you other than letting this one go.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The child abuser is posting about mom being horrible? Good grief. And this is someone allegedly in the military? What a disgrace to this country and our country's veterans -- a child beater. Have you "disciplined" your children again to the point of bruises?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Ooooooh, yeah - you.

Perhaps you should switch transportation to receiving parent picks up. The you'll get the girls back on time. And she'll get them on time. Did Mom ever complain about YOUR lateness dropping them off (in one of your other threads)?

I've just gone through all of your other threads, and there is a theme there - you do seem intent to make everything the way you want it and ding Mom at every turn. That will eventually blow up in your face.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Why should we? You didn't keep your belt to yourself when you abused your child with it.

Oh, and the saying is, "woe is me".

mommyanme

I'm wondering how he got Mom dinged myself for him beating his child? And 2 days suspended with 12 months probation????

82nd Airborne

Uncle! Uncle!:) You guys are killing me. I simply joined this site to get advice, not to be stoned. We all got whippings when we were younger and did not grow up slapping our parents and disregarding authority. We sometimes do what we know. There was an investigation initiated by me in which child protective services deemed my home safe for the children. After being properly informed of the, new to me, guidelines, I now know how society wants children to be disciplined. You guys/gals are funny to me. Time out and counting does not always work but I am far from an abuser. I spanked on the bottom, not on the arms, face or back. As for their mother, she left town leaving behind 3 girls, two of which I fathered with absolutely no help from her...financial or otherwise. Why should jump through hoops to accommodate her? You guys do not know the half yet speak negatively of me lol. I simply asked for advice. ps The 82nd had nothing to do with court. The judge listened to my support system ie teachers, pastor, family, friends and myself.

Proserpina

Uncle! Uncle!:) You guys are killing me. I simply joined this site to get advice, not to be stoned. We all got whippings when we were younger and did not grow up slapping our parents and disregarding authority. We sometimes do what we know. There was an investigation initiated by me in which child protective services deemed my home safe for the children. After being properly informed of the, new to me, guidelines, I now know how society wants children to be disciplined. You guys/gals are funny to me. Time out and counting does not always work but I am far from an abuser. I spanked on the bottom, not on the arms, face or back. As for their mother, she left town leaving behind 3 girls, two of which I fathered with absolutely no help from her...financial or otherwise. Why should jump through hoops to accommodate her? You guys do not know the half yet speak negatively of me lol. I simply asked for advice. ps The 82nd had nothing to do with court. The judge listened to my support system ie teachers, pastor, family, friends and myself.
I doubt many people here find you funny.

I find you to be, on the contrary, a distinctly sad and damaged little man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">