• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Violation of Fourth Amendment Rights? And more

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

You Are Guilty

Suit might be a little overkill. Collared shirt and dockers will get you noticed. Add a tie and the judge may die of shock. Try not to wear a "F- the Police" t-shirt.

CdwJava

You take all the fun out of watching open court. Watching some know-it-all pot head get chewed out for showing such disrespect is the best part.
It is also important go to in to court prepared and knowing what must be done. Being dressed and not knowing what you are in court for and how to conduct the business of the day can be worse than wearing an F-the-Po-po shirt.

I sat through a court session not long ago where two pro per defendants blathered for the first few moments and the judge shut each of them down. On the second one he groused to the assembled courtroom that "This is an example of what happens when you try to defend yourself," and then got so ticked when the defendant rambled on some more that he had to call a recess for 20 minutes to get a breather.

Both defendants were given a continuance in order to find legal counsel or come in actually prepared.

Some days you just want to bring popcorn!

justalayman

On the second one he groused to the assembled courtroom that "This is an example of what happens when you try to defend yourself," and then got so ticked when the defendant rambled on some more that he had to call a recess for 20 minutes to get a breather.
!
I would have loved to see it. I think the judge was very forgiving. Likely didn't have to be.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">