• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation Agreement?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Humusluvr

If not, let your ex-wife know that you feel it is time your child and your wife get to know one another better.
That's the WORST thing he could do. Way to start an argument and HIM look like the jerk!

OP, let mom know you will be exercising your weekend overnights immediately, as per the custody agreement. Let her know you will file a contempt charge if she REFUSES to allow YOU your overnight visitations with your son.

Pretend there isn't even a new wifey involved. Its YOUR right to overnights and has NADA to do with new wife.

Bloopy

Bloopy, how I understood his posts is that he does see his child, but only at mom's. She won't ALLOW dad to take the child cuz he has a wife there.

I'm still with the "show up and take the child." Definitely have the court order with me. Go for an ice cream - then proceed directly to home. Yes, the X will scream and holler, but she doesn't have a leg to stand on. He is to make sure that he promptly returns her on Sunday. He should expect some fireworks on Sunday, including a few officers "waiting". He should be armed with his court papers. Allow for them to make a report. Get names, badge numbers etc. Make sure they are subpeoned for court, cuz OG has always said, you cannot cross examine a police report.

OP - have a new toothbrush and hairbrush at the house. Probably plan on "shopping" for some weekend clothes. Make sure that the child is returned with her clothes washed from Friday.
He absolutely should try but he should expect to not succeed. He absolutely should pursue the police to document the refused visit AND subpoena them for court.

He state's Mom is only letting him see Daughter at Mom's house. I don't see the ice-cream scenario being feasible.

Mom’s off her rocker. But Dad has allowed this for a long time. If Mom claims that Dad was not interested in exercising his visitation, and he has no proof over the years to back his claim, Mom could spin this in a way as to sound reasonable.

I seriously doubt Mom CAN sound reasonable, but if she is diabolical enough, she COULD come off well against a Dad who apparently has little backbone.

His sudden growth of a pair will likely inspire the “best” from Mom. Dad needs to have the cojones to see this though.

Humusluvr

I'm agreeing with Ginny, but can you imagine the kind of turmoil that will be awaiting the poor kiddo when they return from "unscheduled weekend at dad's?"

Is there a better solution than "snatch and grab?" Perhaps something less dramatic than, "Never returning from the ice-cream trip?"

Bloopy

I'm agreeing with Ginny, but can you imagine the kind of turmoil that will be awaiting the poor kiddo when they return from "unscheduled weekend at dad's?"

Is there a better solution than "snatch and grab?" Perhaps something less dramatic than, "Never returning from the ice-cream trip?"
It’s likely there is a fair amount of alienation going on.

Regardless of how pleasant the weekend is, I bet if would be freak the child out to be “snatched” without a word to Mom. It would at least seem “wrong” to the child.

Upon return, the drama you are alluding to will fuel Mom’s efforts and place Kiddo in a worse situation.

TinkerBelleLuvr

Alright, I see yer point.

I'm with the "tell mom that you will be exercising the court ordered parenting time to its fullest". When mom says no, go anyway. If mom throws him out, etc., have it documented by the police and then FILE FOR CONTEMPT.

Judges are known to have cojones.

milspecgirl

Inform mom that you will be taking your next scheduled visitation IN FULL. Then, show up with your court papers. Stop at the local police station and advise them what you are going to do and that you may be calling soon (or maybe they will send an officer who stays down the street- depends on the pd)
Then, show up and act normal to GET your child. If mom refuses, call for the police and ask the child to go to his room for a few minutes. Maybe having mom see that dad is serious will do it for her.
If she still refuses, march into the courthouse the next business day and file contempt.

nextwife

IMHO, he should plan to take kiddo next time, and PRE advise the PD, having already given the local PD a heads up and copies of the court order so they know IN ADVANCE that he is within his rights. Betcha there's more than one officer that's themselves a NCP. He can be prepared with the name of a desk Swergent or someone in authority to refer them to who already knows he is acting within his rights by removing his child for his visitation. He does NOT need to advise Mom ahead of time!

That way, if mom starts calling the police he may simply get a "Yes maam, we are aware that he intends to remove the child, but we have already investigated and there is nothing illegal going on if he does that"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">