• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation denied for sport programs..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

footballfan

What is the name of your state?Oklahoma

I was wondering at the age of 15 can a child denie a visit with the NCP because he has a sporting event or practice....and at that age does the court allow child to decide to visit??

nextwife

The child has the right to try to establish the sort of relationship with their parent in which they ask them to come attend the event they are participating in and then start their visitation afterwards. At 18, they get to decide. I suppose, if they are self-supporting and emancipate themseves, a judge may also consider allowing them to decide.

If the other parent feels that strongly about the child participating in the event, they could also offer to trade weekends so the
visitation" parent does not lose their time if the child attends.

footballfan

Well I wish it were that easy...lol

We are in the process of going back to court to enforce visitation...mom has denied regular visits for almost three years...
We are worried that 15yo DS will say he has too many activites to come and "stay the night" thing is I am willing to work with him..but refuse to allow her the right to make that decision..can the judge order the original CO be enforced and that DS have to talk WITH ME before visit can not take place or that he not have to stay the night..but then does that open doors for the younger children to not come..because mom guilt trips them??? They are 13 and 11...
By the way we don't live that far where doing these activities is out of the way.. And we have attened these activites for ALL the children..but mom is trying to tell us "if we are going to cause stress on DS then she won't allow us to be there" when really she is the one who stress' him by making him chose to talk to us or her...he shows NO problems when she is not there but when she is sometimes he's hesistant to talk to us....

LdiJ

footballfan said:
Well I wish it were that easy...lol

We are in the process of going back to court to enforce visitation...mom has denied regular visits for almost three years...
We are worried that 15yo DS will say he has too many activites to come and "stay the night" thing is I am willing to work with him..but refuse to allow her the right to make that decision..can the judge order the original CO be enforced and that DS have to talk WITH ME before visit can not take place or that he not have to stay the night..but then does that open doors for the younger children to not come..because mom guilt trips them??? They are 13 and 11...
By the way we don't live that far where doing these activities is out of the way.. And we have attened these activites for ALL the children..but mom is trying to tell us "if we are going to cause stress on DS then she won't allow us to be there" when really she is the one who stress' him by making him chose to talk to us or her...he shows NO problems when she is not there but when she is sometimes he's hesistant to talk to us....
Based on what you are saying the issue of the child's activities shouldn't be relevant. Obviously you are in a position to make sure the child attends the activities during your time....and you appear willing to accomodate the child that way. Therefore I don't see how mom could get any where trying to use that.

nextwife

If she tries to inhibite any CO'd time, file contempt. Especially if you are being so cooperative about the child getting to these extra curricular events on your time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">