• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation in SC?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gracie3787

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? South Carolina

I did a search, but couldn't find anything recent so I'm hoping that someone can help.

Does SC have any grandparent visitation laws at all?

The situation- Grandma and Grandpa divorced, daughter and son-in-law and grandchild lived with Grandma. They allowed many frequent visits with grandpa up until grandma passed away. Since then grandpa isn't allowed to see grandchild at all.

So, I'm wondering if SC has any grandparents' visitation rights in a situation where the parents are still together?

Rushia

SOUTH CAROLINA: A court may grant visitation if one parent is deceased, or the parents are divorced or separated. The court must consider the relationship between the grandparent and the child, as well as the parent and the child. Adoption cuts off all visitation rights of grandparents.

This is what I keep finding. It seems as if intact families cannot be sued.

Gracie3787

SOUTH CAROLINA: A court may grant visitation if one parent is deceased, or the parents are divorced or separated. The court must consider the relationship between the grandparent and the child, as well as the parent and the child. Adoption cuts off all visitation rights of grandparents.

This is what I keep finding. It seems as if intact families cannot be sued.
That's all I've been able to find also. I was hoping that maybe the laws had changed. Guess grandpa is outta luck, but thanks for your reply anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">