• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Visitation question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the name of your state? GA

Hello all, you all already know my situation and it's a unique one. However, I have a question, I pay my husband's child support, the mother and I NEVER talk due to the previous situation but she is now saying that I can't be involved in helping to raise their child while in my home. She claims that only her and my husband have that right

Question: if the child id in my home can I have a say in raising the child and discipline?

Last edited:

Silverplum

Question: Did you look up this question in a search on this site?
Answer: No.

Hello all, you all already know my situation and it's a unique one. However, I have a question, I pay my husband's child support, my and I NEVER talk due to the previous situation but she is now saying that I can't be involved in helping to raise their child while in my home. She claims that only her and my husband have that right

Question: if the child id in my home can I have a say in raising the child and discipline?

Hello all, you all already know my situation and it's a unique one. However, I have a question, I pay my husband's child support, the mother and I NEVER talk due to the previous situation but she is now saying that I can't be involved in helping to raise their child while in my home. She claims that only her and my husband have that right

It begins again......:rolleyes:

Zephyr

neither parent can really dictate too much of what goes on in the others home, that being said- DO YOU EVER STOP????.....you just KEEP looking for ways to have your say:rolleyes:

how can she stop you? with that said, i wouldn't lay a finger on the child to discipline them... but what is mom going to do if you send the child to time out in your own home? how would she know?

tell dad not to talk to her about you at all, your name should not be in his vocabulary to her, but otherwise, just ignore her, don't even respond when she talks about those sorts of things.

jbowman

I CAN NOT believe you are on this site again, asking these questions.

You have NO RIGHT to discipline your husbands child. Period. You have been told about 46545465154684 times that you are nothing to that child and you still act like you have no idea. You are about as smart as a rock.

What is this child, like 2 months old??? Why are you thinking about discipline now? Seriously, I think youre psychotic.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
but if the child's father is in my home and if he's around and allow me to do it, what happens if that's the case
You can't be bothered to research the site?
Butt out - let dad handle the discipline. If you need a rule enforced, talk to him.

how can she stop you? with that said, i wouldn't lay a finger on the child to discipline them... but what is mom going to do if you send the child to time out in your own home? how would she know?

tell dad not to talk to her about you at all, your name should not be in his vocabulary to her, but otherwise, just ignore her, don't even respond when she talks about those sorts of things.
that's what I think, she's just mad that I will be a part of her child's life and when my husband and I have a child, she will be furious because I'm currently pregnant. She doesn't know

but if the child's father is in my home and if he's around and allow me to do it, what happens if that's the case
You are just looking for an excuse to make trouble aren't you??? Just stay out of it....and by the way, your situation is not unique...there are many overbearing stepmoms that I can think of!:mad:

You should probably not give advice....she is a stranger to this child! The FATHER AND MOTHER are supposed to raise it

jbowman

that's what I think, she's just mad that I will be a part of her child's life and when my husband and I have a child, she will be furious because I'm currently pregnant. She doesn't know
She is mad because you showed up at the hospital the day she gave birth. She is mad because you are a nutjob. I'd be freakin mad too. Im sure she could give a rat's ass that your pregnant.

I CAN NOT believe you are on this site again, asking these questions.

You have NO RIGHT to discipline your husbands child. Period. You have been told about 46545465154684 times that you are nothing to that child and you still act like you have no idea. You are about as smart as a rock.

What is this child, like 2 months old??? Why are you thinking about discipline now? Seriously, I think youre psychotic.

you all only get one side of the story, it's not like I go around causing things. She's said some crazy things also about me being around the child..but this wont be a 96 posting running long.

Thanks all

believe me, it's MUCH easier on EVERYONE if you just let your husband be the parent and let him deal with the child, his ex, everything. unless you are home alone with the child for some reason, make him be a parent - think of yourself as the babysitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">