• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wage Garnishment...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mitchelt

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Hi,

I succesfully sued a contractor as: John Doe, DBA XXXXX, LLC (he was not licensed) a few years ago. As you can imagine I have received no money from him.

I have a very good hunch that he is working for his fathers company either as an employee or as a sub-contractor. Can I go to court and initiate the wage garnishment paperwork and "submit" it to the guys fathers company just in case he is working for them?

I guess the father could lie and say he is not working for them, but at least I put a little thorn in there side and remind them I am still out here and have not forgotten the $5000+ they owe me.

Thanks!

Mitch

dcatz

Q. Can I go to court and initiate the wage garnishment paperwork and "submit" it to the guys fathers company just in case he is working for them?

A. Yes, of course you can. Just recognize that, if he "affiliated" as a sub-contractor, he is, by definition, not an employee, and the father would not even have to be lying to report to the levying authority that there is no such employee.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">