• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wage mistake?? Actually a 2 part question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zookey

What is the name of your state? Washington, but I worked in Oregon.

I was recently let go from my job (01-06-06). The reason was that after 3 years, I did not have the proper criteria for my job. I was an instructor at a vocational school. After I completed my class on Friday, I was let go. My boss told me it was not because I was not an excellent employee, but because I did not have 2 years of field experience. I nor anyone else believes this to be the true reason however. A little over a month ago, I filed an "annoymous" ethics report. While being investigated, they found out it was I who filed one of the reports (others were filed, but I do not know how many). The investigator was very rude and told me "it sounds like all you do is gossip, how do you get any work done?" (because she asked me questions about other departments and trying to be helpfull, I told her what I had heard but that it was just hearsay) and questioned me about my field experience. My quality of work has NEVER been in question before . In fact, my boss while firing me commended me on what a great job I do and how he can always count on me to fill in, even for other departments, when asked.

Now to the wage part. I was told I would get paid severence pay until January 20th. The form my boss signed actually says June 20th however. I am usually a 20 hour a week employee unless I was filling in for another class. I worked a little over 15 hours my last week. When I came home, I had a check from the corporate office. The check says it is for earnings to the 15th of January and was for 43 hours. Now if you add it up, I should have received at least 55 hours of pay with the severance payoff. Is there anything I can do about this?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">