• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Walmart destroy my engine. What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dave1952

The video is very helpful. Here's what I see: the guy carries a large jug which is about half full of something (oil) to the red car, he seems to add it to the engine, he returns the empty jug to the oil dispenser, he returns to the car and starts the engine, he lets it idle, he stops the engine, He then checks the oil level with the dipstick (2:24). And we're done, you don't have a case.
There are 2 things that convince me of this. One is that someone or something (probably a computer) dispensed the oil into the jug. Could the oil have been mis-dispensed? Sure. But then the guy checks the dipstick after adding the oil. So there are 2 checks in their system, the dispensing and the dipstick.
I don't see Wal-mart as the cause of your engine failure.

Good luck

Kiawah

A huge problem that you have in your case, is that you don't know for a fact that the engine oil was overfilled, and that overfilling caused your problem.

It is very possible that the oil was filled correctly, and that you had a blew a head gasket on your trip, and that coolant fluid leaked into your crankcase. That would make it 'appear' that there was too much oil in the engine (a resultant symptom), but the cause of the problem was actually your head gasket and/or engine overheating.

Did they put in a replacement engine from a junked vehicle, or did they repair your existing engine. If they repaired, what did they do as part of the repair and what parts used (water pump? head gasket?)

BTW: I didn't see anything in the video that would indicate anything might have been done incorrectly.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">