• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Want deceased aunts house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

anteater

is there a staute of limitations on probating a will???
PA Title 20, Chapter 31, Section 3133:
§ 3133. Limit of time for probate.
(a) Original probate.-A will may be offered for probate at any time.

(b) Conclusiveness of original probate.-The probate of a will shall be conclusive as to all property, real or personal, devised or bequeathed by it, unless an appeal shall be taken from probate as provided in section 908 of this code (relating to appeals), or the probate record shall have been amended as authorized by section 3138 of this code (relating to later will or codicil).

(c) Effect upon grantee or lienholder.-A will offered for original or subsequent probate more than one year after the testator's death shall be void against a bona fide grantee or holder of a lien on real estate of the testator if the conveyance or lien is entered of record before the will is offered for probate.

lwpat

I agree. Getting it straightened out is going to cost more than the value. Just continue to live there and pay the taxes.

Gulana

I agree. Getting it straightened out is going to cost more than the value. Just continue to live there and pay the taxes.
Since my aunt died thats what we have been doing. And the advice I have been getting from this forum has made me realise it's probably not worth it. House needs work and is in a crappy neighborhood But I will talk to a lawyer just to see what my options are

Thanks

Gulana

the city is so behind in sheriffs sales and tax sales she 'll be dead by the time the house came on sale.:) It took the city 28 years to get rid of one of the properties my aunt owned and left to rot. For good or for bad at least we will know where we stand and can stop wondering

Gulana

I finally found my cousin who is the executor of my aunts estate. He is not interested in the property and is willing to give it to my mother. Now what kind of lawyer would handle this to help tie up loose ends and all that stuff.:)

Gulana

How longdoes it usually take to transfer a deed. I am so excited I can't wait:) This istuation is finally being resolved

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">