• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was drugged at a bar now threatened with charges...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

Are you speaking as a COP or in another context?
As both an officer and a trained drug recognition expert.

FYI: "There is a urine test for Rohypnol. However, the drug can only be detected for up to 72 hours after ingestion."
Uh huh ... Good luck with that. I am not sure where you got that info, but give it a go. While in some cases it might be present at a measurable level for as long as 72 hours, typically it is purged inside of 24 .... often in as little as 8. But you are welcome to take the test ... Though understand that any test you take might have other results in it that can be subpoenaed by the prosecution. It might be best to heed your Attorney's advice or have him arrange the test.

I am not sure where you came up with the "hit and run" comment
Sorry ... The term may be different out there, but out here when you do property damage with your car and do not make a reasonable effort to contact the property owner, it is called "hit and run."

After speaking with my doctor, my attorney and a pharma/psychology expert I am convinced that all will be well.
I am glad they are all so confident. Of course, they can afford to be - you will be paying them well to say so.

I've seen a great many of these claims before - drug and alcohol interactions as well as claims of involuntary drugging, and I have yet to see either work. Though, I have yet to see BOTH claims made in the same defense ... I am not sure a judge and jury will buy it, but, if that's all you got then it is all you got.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">