• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

We have had infant for three months

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TraceyHS

Guardianship needed

Grandson has been in Grandparents care for 3 months (since he was 3 days old) Baby Momma said she had emotional issues and could not "do this" and "can't love him" Baby Daddy (not married) attempted suicide and has been hospitalized for third time for suicide attempts. Both parents are unemployed and fight (one incident at our house where Baby Daddy smashed car window in with his hand and ended up in ER for cuts) Baby Momma mad because boyfriend not allowed at our house anymore. Baby Momma has on several occasions stated that she did not want baby but will not sign papers to give up custody. Baby Momma has admitted to emotional issues but will not seek help. Parents will not get WIC or Medicaid for baby and baby not getting his check ups. We are supplying everything and caring for child around the clock. Baby has not seen parents for over a week. Baby has only been in parents care for visiting with Baby Daddy's father and his girlfriend a couple times since his birth. Can we be given guardianship so we can add him to our medical insurance and take him to pediatrician?

LdiJ

Grandson has been in Grandparents care for 3 months (since he was 3 days old) Baby Momma said she had emotional issues and could not "do this" and "can't love him" Baby Daddy (not married) attempted suicide and has been hospitalized for third time for suicide attempts. Both parents are unemployed and fight (one incident at our house where Baby Daddy smashed car window in with his hand and ended up in ER for cuts) Baby Momma mad because boyfriend not allowed at our house anymore. Baby Momma has on several occasions stated that she did not want baby but will not sign papers to give up custody. Baby Momma has admitted to emotional issues but will not seek help. Parents will not get WIC or Medicaid for baby and baby not getting his check ups. We are supplying everything and caring for child around the clock. Baby has not seen parents for over a week. Baby has only been in parents care for visiting with Baby Daddy's father and his girlfriend a couple times since his birth. Can we be given guardianship so we can add him to our medical insurance and take him to pediatrician?
If the parents are willing to sign over guardianship, yes. It sounds to me like the mother has post partum depression.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are you maternal or paternal grandparents? Are there any court orders or have you just been limiting the parents' time because you feel like it?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
I have to say.... "Baby Mommy" and "Baby Daddy" is rather disrespectful. Mommy and Daddy is what they are, even if you don't like them or approve of their lifestyles. If Mom is smart, she'll sort herself out (I agree that PPD is a likely culprit) and show up for her child. "Baby Grammy" won't have a leg to stand on.

Just Blue

I have to say.... "Baby Mommy" and "Baby Daddy" is rather disrespectful. Mommy and Daddy is what they are, even if you don't like them or approve of their lifestyles. If Mom is smart, she'll sort herself out (I agree that PPD is a likely culprit) and show up for her child. "Baby Grammy" won't have a leg to stand on.
I agree...100%!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">