• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Website stolen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asiny

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NJ

I paid a web company to register, design and host my website. The company closed and liquidated their assets.

However it would seem the web company registered my domain name with them as the registrant - as opposed to me, the owner.

I can show bills paid that I paid them to register the domain name for me.. and that I paid for web hosting.

The problem we have is the company is no longer contactable. All their phones have been shut off and they are no longer occupying their offices... I know where the website is hosted and I know where the domain name is registered...

My question is how do I get the registration and hosting companies to release the site to me?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">