• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wells Fargo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CdwJava

I can see what your saying really, but I don't want my husband to go to jail,
The options here could very well be that you either accept to be a part of the mess he's made, or take the risk that he might go to jail. However, I'm not entirely sure he's committed a crime.

In the alternative, you can just sue him for your damages in small claims court ... but, that'll be interesting because you'll be suing him for assets that could already half yours.

Is he withdrawing funds from an account that is wholly in your name and he is not part of? If he is merely depositing funds, then I don't see an obvious crime. Has he ever had access to the account with your permission? Did you have the account prior to being married? Does the account contain finds that are entirely from your employment without input from him?

I just wish that all this would be dumped in his lap for him to sort out and him to deal with.
Filing the appropriate affidavit and reports will do just that.

What is the point of me having a checking account without him or any one on it? Please answer that.
So that he does not have legal access. If he has committed fraud to obtain access, then the police have to look into it. If the banks simply took your word for it that they were ripped off, just imagine the scams that people could play on them!

Why is it that Wells Fargo and everyone else seems to be protecting these lenders? Why is no one on my side? What did I do wrong?
Who says they are protecting the lenders? The lenders are likely victims here as well. If he provided them with false information, and they lose money as a result, they can always seek to have him prosecuted or sue him. Unfortunately for you, if you are married, that ties your assets in as well. Community property can be a heck of a thing.

I thought that having my own checking account would protect me against anything that anyone did including my husband.
If you had - and continue to have - so little faith and trust in your husband, you should have left him because clearly this marriage was a sham.

Wells Fargo is responsible for some part of this and my husband the other.
Wells Fargo did not force your husband to provide your account data to the loan people nor did the bank authorize the withdrawal of funds. If your hubby did that then HE alone is responsible for these acts.

Why is it so important to you that my husband is punished and so hard to believe that it was a mistake?
It's not important to any of us. But, we understand that the banks have to be protected from fraud and this is one way to do it. Otherwise, people could run scams like this on them every day. We don't care if the police arrest him or not. But, the bank will feel more comfortable if the police are looking into the matter as a crime. It is my understanding that they can seek compensation or at least ome tax break for losses due to criminal acts, so it also helps them.

Wells Fargo has said what needs to be done for them to look into refunding your money (if they will). They are not requiring he be charged or arrested, only that a report be made. The police may see it as a civil matter and not a criminal one.

CdwJava

Ok I DID IT! I filed a police report against my husband, lets see how this will help to get the $74.01 in overdrafts and $25.00 fee reversed. Will let ya know
This is about $95.01?!?!

Really?

Okay ... in your last post you indicated that he never put your name anywhere on the loan documents. Your name was not forged or nothin'. Correct?

So ... he had money put IN to your account. How was the loan repaid? By automatic deposit? How come those payments or withdrawals are not included in your amount indicated above? If nothing was withdrawn, how are you getting hit with overdraft charges?

W

Willlyjo

This is about $95.01?!?!

Really?

Okay ... in your last post you indicated that he never put your name anywhere on the loan documents. Your name was not forged or nothin'. Correct?

So ... he had money put IN to your account. How was the loan repaid? By automatic deposit? How come those payments or withdrawals are not included in your amount indicated above? If nothing was withdrawn, how are you getting hit with overdraft charges?
Of course you meant to say "This is about $99.01?!?!" Right, Cdw? ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">