• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wet and wreckless - point count duration?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

natedj

I am 21 years old. The accident and DUI occured when I was 20 years old.

I have been through court. I issued a plea of "not guilty" to the initial charges of 23152(a) (DUI).

This specific charge was dropped in court and I was charged with VC 23140 (DUI).

Thanks for all the advice!

I find it frustrating that some of my close friends have seen all this mess that I have caused through my irresponsible behavior, yet continue to drink and drive! I don't understand what they think they are doing!

My intentions are to make an appointment with our State Farm Insurance agent. He is a friend of the family and might take personal conversation and issues into consideration. It's worth a try.

Let this be a lesson to anyone reading this forum...DON'T DRINK AND DRIVE! IT IS NOT WORTH IT! YOU ARE NOT INVINCIBLE!

Thanks
-Nathan

CdwJava

tacozs said:
What do they mean by priorable DUI?
It's a DUI offense that can be used to enhance penalties for a subsequent DUI. A greater number of previous offenses increases the violation and/or penalty of a current offense.

- Carl

tacozs

Priorable DUI

So if a DUI is reduced to a "wet and reckless", does it become a priorable DUI? How does a "wet and reckless" affect an insurance rate? Do they look at it as a DUI?

moburkes

So if a DUI is reduced to a "wet and reckless", does it become a priorable DUI? How does a "wet and reckless" affect an insurance rate? Do they look at it as a DUI?
Every company will look at it differently, and to be honest, I don't know the exact points that they charge for it, but its more than for a speeding ticket. The rates will be based on your actual driving record, so the quotes that you receive (after the insurance company has ordered the reports), is what it will be. Your rates are going to be high. Expect it. Deal with it. Some companies may charge it exactly like a DUI, some may not.

edited: Sorry. I thought the OP was asking. But, the rest of the information remains the same.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">