• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What are my odds.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needofhelp1

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL
Summing up a big story, I am a nurse and have 4 discs out in my back. I was put in Vicodin by my doctor untill he decided to cut me off one day. Since I worked at a dr's office and I was the charge nurse....yep...I called them in for myself....
Needless to say after 6 months of this, I got caught and charged on 6 charges of illegal possesion of a controlled substance.
It went for an indictment and now is waiting for states attorney to gether all needed information.......
I go back May 12.....worst case is I get 3-5 years...I never sold....I worked well with cops....that was in the reports.....I am in rehab and working. Attorney says, he will try for drug schooling and probation.....what are my odds of not going to jail......this is my 1st offense ever. I got Ibond on first day...but judge in felony room is sooooo mean!!!! He said I should not of gottne the Ibond.....could I go to jail because he is an ass?
Please help, any comments will be graciuosly

S

seniorjudge

needofhelp1 said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IL
Summing up a big story, I am a nurse and have 4 discs out in my back. I was put in Vicodin by my doctor untill he decided to cut me off one day. Since I worked at a dr's office and I was the charge nurse....yep...I called them in for myself....
Needless to say after 6 months of this, I got caught and charged on 6 charges of illegal possesion of a controlled substance.
It went for an indictment and now is waiting for states attorney to gether all needed information.......
I go back May 12.....worst case is I get 3-5 years...I never sold....I worked well with cops....that was in the reports.....I am in rehab and working. Attorney says, he will try for drug schooling and probation.....what are my odds of not going to jail......this is my 1st offense ever. I got Ibond on first day...but judge in felony room is sooooo mean!!!! He said I should not of gottne the Ibond.....could I go to jail because he is an ass?
Please help, any comments will be graciuosly

Q: what are my odds of not going to jail

A: 50-50

Q: judge in felony room is sooooo mean!!!! He said I should not of gottne the Ibond.....could I go to jail because he is an ass?

A: No, but you could go to jail for dope pushing.

S

seniorjudge

needofhelp1 said:
Might I ask, in YOUR definition, what is dope pushing????
Q: Might I ask, in YOUR definition, what is dope pushing????

A: "...I was put in Vicodin by my doctor untill he decided to cut me off one day. Since I worked at a dr's office and I was the charge nurse....yep...I called them in for myself...."

calatty

If you go to jail it won't be because the judge is an ass but because you are. Place the responsibility where it belongs.

needofhelp1

Ok, I know what bad I did. But I have made every attempt to better the situation to what is in my control at least.
I went into detox on my own, before the legal issue ever came about.....part of the long story.........I continued to go to rehab, I have a surgeries to correct the back problem.......I have NEVER had 1 legal problem, including a ticket.

I just feel that I have made a BAD mistake and just want the judge to know that, so I am just looking for thoughts on the possable outcome of all of it.
My PO and attorney say as long as I do what I am supposed to do, I will be fine.

Court ordered to be in rehab
Random drug screening ------- all negative-----I dont ever want to use again.
Seek treatment for back ---- Im seeing a chiro --- no meds
Work

Thanks for what input you did give. :eek:

needofhelp1

OK, see I was in the understanding that people were here to help?? :confused: Guess not....everyone has to put their comments, uncalled for comments, instead of supportive comments...
The very 1st message I put was that this was a LONG story and I am not putting every single key note in here.
The point of the judge comment...he is just a lot meaner to everyone and that is his rep....even my attorney who is friends with him warned me.....he mothe f'd the states attorney for being 2 minutes late......she was stuck in the elevator.....he is just a tad bit on the crabby side.....
Secondly, the comment about my doctor cutting me off, was a short version explanation of a long story.......
I went to him due to the fact that I was having alot of heartburn, upset stomach...etc....from using.....
He did not want to prescribe me anymore pills, I am not complaining by any means.....its just part of the story......
Would it hurt for anyone to be a little compassionate in here...... :mad:

Anyhow, just thought I could get some help / advice in here.

Besides, are we not all here because of 1 soul purpose? :rolleyes:

The Occultist

The problem people seem to be having with you is that if you do end up serving jail time, you're gonna blame it on your "crabby judge" which is, despite whatever you may say, an inability to accept responsibility. If whatever the judge gives is isn't the possible maximum sentence for your crime, then consider that as getting off light.

needofhelp1

Thats fine if that is what is perceived, I know what I have done is wrong, its beyond wrong, its beyond any moral beleif that I have. But understanding addiction, you don't have a clear head to think with. I understand that whatever I get is deservered, I am not arguing with that, I am just looking for someone, anyone that may have a better idea of my situation than I do.
I am a nurse, and I try to help people who do not really know about medical things as well as I do.
It is just very scary being in the unknown, and I guess coming here I was not looking to get judged, just support or answers.
So, I thank thoughs who took the time to respond and I apologize for any sore notes that were struck with anyone.....I realize no one knows fate....but understanding is different.
Oh well... :(

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">