• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?Oregon

My husband and I got a notice to move because our landlady lost her own house in a forclosure or whatever. My husband and I are disabled. We did not fight the notice and we always paid our rent on time. we could have been butts and forced her to file an official eviction in court but we didn't. We found another house and we was suppose to be out by March 3 but we weren't because it is hard to move when you can barely walk and have no help. She came to us 3 days ago and asked when we would be out and we gave her an honest answer and we gave her 4 days worth of prorated rent because after all we owed it. But today I am so mad I could choke her and the reason was my husband went around and found someone to help move the applicances. the landlady came into the house that we are moving out of and started packing the few things I hadn't gotton packed yet and proceded to move the stuff out. My husband told her I was coming over after the appliances were moved (no room in van) to finish packing and she ignored him and was messing with my fragile dishes, antiques, and heirlooms, she very carelessly packed things and I am sure stuff got broke and I discovered she stole some of my stuff because I seen some in her yard and I went into her yard and took it back. I was so mad at her for ignoring my husbands instructions on my things that I told her off and I informed her if anything of mine is stolen I would file theft charges against her. when I told her off I did it by leaving a voice mail on her phone and when I got there I was so mad I was yelling at her. I told her that "she was told that she was not to touch my things. The reason I did not want her to touch my things is because she hangs around very shady people and they are into drugs and she had them with her. She informed me that she was going ot call the sherriff on us and have us thrown out tonight and I told her it was illegal and there was steps she would have to go through and she said if all our stuff was not out tonight then she would throw it out on the street. We will be totally out tonight but I want to know what can I do to her for all her crap she has done? Because if any of my things are missing I am going to file criminal charges against her for theft. I am a disabled person with 3 slipped disks in my back, emphysema, copd and asthma and she was making rude comments to me and my husband about me not lifting any heavy furniture which I cannot physically do so tell me what can I do I want to show her you don't treat people this way. :mad:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">