• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I expect in court?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nomemoryof1121

yea, its not a matter of whether or not I'm caught red-handed, because I plan to plead guilty as there's no denying what I did, no matter the circumstances surrounding the actions. I'm just hoping that the judge deems me fit for a "second chance" basically, and my lawyer seems to think the worst that will happen is an ACD... so hopefully thats how it turns out and I'll def never let something like this happen again.

nomemoryof1121

thanks for the link to that artical, idk if that is what happened but it definitely could be... Is there any way I could use this artical in my case/at court? or would it be disregarded because of the source?

donkort

Just take the ACD

When you go for arraignment, I don't think they'll care about articles, or what you have been drinking. It will be very busy in the arraignment court, and the judge might get irritated and think you're a smart*** or something.

It seems as if you got a DAT (desk appearance ticket), which is a good sign.

If it's your first offense, they'll probably offer an ACD. Just stay out of trouble for six months, and your case will be dismissed and sealed. That happened to me. I was able to get a job with the City with the arrest and the ACD. Consult with your lawyer about that. But I would take the ACD, not get in trouble again, then continue with your life.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">