• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what can you do to reinstate a mort.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I got behind in mort. pmnts. By the time the mort. co. assigned an atorney severeal more months were due. I have sent them all the arrears of mort. paymnts. I only owe lawyer fees yet they sent the fund back. What steps can I take to stay the prosedures without claiming bankruptcy? Are there docs. I can file with the courts? Help me quickly, please.In NJ

HomeGuru

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by [email protected]:
I got behind in mort. pmnts. By the time the mort. co. assigned an atorney severeal more months were due. I have sent them all the arrears of mort. paymnts. I only owe lawyer fees yet they sent the fund back. What steps can I take to stay the prosedures without claiming bankruptcy? Are there docs. I can file with the courts? Help me quickly, please.In NJ<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You have not mentioned if the lender filed foreclosure action. In any case, the lender would reinstate the loan when ALL amounts due are paid in full. The definition of all amounts include but may not be limited to, mortgage principal and interest, late fees, attorney fees, court costs, and costs related to pre-foreclosure action such as title report, credit check, real estate appraisal etc.

If you want to delay the foreclosure action, you need to hire an attorney to file an answer to the foreclosure complaint.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">