• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What do I need to do now that a family owned licensed mechanic have ruined my car?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Maxima2000

Maxima2000 | VA

Hello,

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima that I received as a Christmas gift. I needed a tune up and spark plugs on it. I have had 2 other people look at the car and they've told me what was wrong. I had taken my car into a shop for repairs last Thursday. I received a voicemail message stating my car was all ready to picked up yesterday. When I picked my car up and paid, I looked at my car. The mechanic started it up and the car has a very bad shake in it as if it will fall to the ground and the noise it extremely loud. The mechanic first told me that the car is drivable, than it needs a engine, and now he is stating that the car is non-drivable. I have lost all of my money and now he's asking for my title and he'll give me my money order back. The car was drivable when I drove it to him. I have the receipt that I showing that I've paid and the voicemail stating that I can pick my car up. He wants to work out a deal with me to get my title. Should I or should I not accept the deal and take action? He have done other things with my car without my permission and charged me for it. He told me that my price was $600 before for him to fix it and now I had to pay $687.44 to have it fixed because he did extra stuff to my car without my permission. I feel as though I was taken for granted and used. He still have my key to my car and my car is still on his lot and if it sits there the day after tomorrow I will be charged each day for it. I have all the fluids in my car, I don't believe they've fixed my car. I believe they had someone working on it without knowing what they were doing and they messed my car up completely, taken my money order, and now trying to get my car.

LdiJ

Maxima2000 | VA

Hello,

I have a 2000 Nissan Maxima that I received as a Christmas gift. I needed a tune up and spark plugs on it. I have had 2 other people look at the car and they've told me what was wrong. I had taken my car into a shop for repairs last Thursday. I received a voicemail message stating my car was all ready to picked up yesterday. When I picked my car up and paid, I looked at my car. The mechanic started it up and the car has a very bad shake in it as if it will fall to the ground and the noise it extremely loud. The mechanic first told me that the car is drivable, than it needs a engine, and now he is stating that the car is non-drivable. I have lost all of my money and now he's asking for my title and he'll give me my money order back. The car was drivable when I drove it to him. I have the receipt that I showing that I've paid and the voicemail stating that I can pick my car up. He wants to work out a deal with me to get my title. Should I or should I not accept the deal and take action? He have done other things with my car without my permission and charged me for it. He told me that my price was $600 before for him to fix it and now I had to pay $687.44 to have it fixed because he did extra stuff to my car without my permission. I feel as though I was taken for granted and used. He still have my key to my car and my car is still on his lot and if it sits there the day after tomorrow I will be charged each day for it. I have all the fluids in my car, I don't believe they've fixed my car. I believe they had someone working on it without knowing what they were doing and they messed my car up completely, taken my money order, and now trying to get my car.
To be honest, it sounds like a scam.

Dave1952

Your story is puzzling. Why did you bring the car to the mechanic and why did it need 3 days of work? A tune up and new spark plugs takes about an hour. Anyway, get your car and take it someone for a diagnosis. Something is odd.

BL

Well can you get it to couple other shops for a written estimate to repair it. If so Take the bad guy to court .

Might have messed up the timing , or didn't space the plugs properly since it shakes .

Maybe the wires are hooked up wrong.

What did the other shops say need to be done?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">