• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does child support cover?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidey225

simpleguy05 said:
I just don't get why alot of these CP's (some but not all) are such crackheads. My wife is a Cp from her first marriage and she and her ex get along great. Never do they have squabbles about money or visitation. It works better than in a marriage, so I know it can be done. She doesn't get wrapped around the axle for more money. She has always gone out and worked her @ss off since I've known her, if she needed more for her child. She never sat there waiting for a hand out. So I think she is very justified to hate my gold-digging ex (CP) who is always wanting more money. She gets paid every month from me without fail, and always I get calls for more more more...Does that make my wife a wicked stepmother for hating her? HELL NO! I think a lot of stepmoms get a bad wrap and it drives me nuts...thats all I wanted to say...lol sorry for ranting.

Right on, Simple guy! I am a step who gets a bad rap, and have the same situation that you do.....my husband has faithfully paid his CP for 16 years and mom always is having the daughter ask us to fund school clothes, car insurance, or send mom more money "because she lives paycheck to paycheck"; it is her attempt to make us feel guilty when we tell the kid no. I myself have an ex who is $72,000 behind in CS, and I did and still do the same thing as your wife....I work my a** off to make sure my two beautiful daughters have a good life. So I resent being made to feel like wicked step. As a matter of fact, I had to call the cops on the ex as she showed up at the soccer fields to kick my a** because my husband said he won't pay car insurance, if she wants to give the kid a car, pay the insurance herself, and she thinks it is my fault. So here comes this raving woman screaming at me and calling me obscene names, egging me on to "c'mon, hit me, just hit me!I dare ya!! I'm gonna kick your a** anyhow, you better watch your back, you don't know when it's gonna happen...!!"........ The cop said she was definitely crazy. Of course, I dind't hit her...that is just not my style. This is what we have to deal with.

Yikes!

spidey225 said:
Right on, Simple guy! I am a step who gets a bad rap, and have the same situation that you do.....my husband has faithfully paid his CP for 16 years and mom always is having the daughter ask us to fund school clothes, car insurance, or send mom more money "because she lives paycheck to paycheck"; it is her attempt to make us feel guilty when we tell the kid no. I myself have an ex who is $72,000 behind in CS, and I did and still do the same thing as your wife....I work my a** off to make sure my two beautiful daughters have a good life. So I resent being made to feel like wicked step. As a matter of fact, I had to call the cops on the ex as she showed up at the soccer fields to kick my a** because my husband said he won't pay car insurance, if she wants to give the kid a car, pay the insurance herself, and she thinks it is my fault. So here comes this raving woman screaming at me and calling me obscene names, egging me on to "c'mon, hit me, just hit me!I dare ya!! I'm gonna kick your a** anyhow, you better watch your back, you don't know when it's gonna happen...!!"........ The cop said she was definitely crazy. Of course, I dind't hit her...that is just not my style. This is what we have to deal with.
The only thing that saves my wife from that is the fact that my ex knows my wife CAN and Would kick her @ss if she ever layed on a finger on her LMAO It is nuts what some of us have to deal with! And I'm glad someone appreciated my response. I just get tired of hearing some CP's on here bash the step parent. It gets old after awhile.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
simpleguy05 said:
It gets old after awhile.
Just as old as hearing CPs bashed just as much. <shrug> Every situation is different and lumping everyone into a group is counter-productive.

simpleguy05 said:
The only thing that saves my wife from that is the fact that my ex knows my wife CAN and Would kick her @ss if she ever layed on a finger on her LMAO It is nuts what some of us have to deal with! And I'm glad someone appreciated my response. I just get tired of hearing some CP's on here bash the step parent. It gets old after awhile.
second to last sentence: the adjective "some" was used

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
simpleguy05 said:
second to last sentence: the adjective "some" was used
And that negates my comment.... how? "Just as much" would indicate.... as much as the other way around, right?

ablessin

right, some.

The original question was what is supposed to be used for.

the answer is whatever the mother (or person getting the check) decides to do with it.

If she uses it for the kids, fine. If she doesn't fine.

And when it isn't used for the kids, it's ok to ask the "payer" for more because the kids now need something and the money is all gone.

That is what it all boils down to -like it or not.

ablessin said:
right, some.

The original question was what is supposed to be used for.

the answer is whatever the mother (or person getting the check) decides to do with it.

If she uses it for the kids, fine. If she doesn't fine.

And when it isn't used for the kids, it's ok to ask the "payer" for more because the kids now need something and the money is all gone.

That is what it all boils down to -like it or not.
OMG - What is wrong with you today? You're dumping your baggage all over this forum. Offer legal advice. If you don't have any, than shut up!!!!

ablessin

SingleMom67 said:
OMG - What is wrong with you today? You're dumping your baggage all over this forum. Offer legal advice. If you don't have any, than shut up!!!!

You know what, F YOU

You are not offering any legal advice either

stealth2 said:
And that negates my comment.... how? "Just as much" would indicate.... as much as the other way around, right?
Correct, however not that I want this to end up as an ongoing post anymore than it has, I read the helloutta these forums, and am merely stating that I am tired of hearing about stepparents...Want to bash a CP? GO for it. Want to bach an NCP it doesn't bother me. There are plenty crappy ones all the way around. But find one post on here that says some positive things about a stepparent that isn't posted by one, I dare ya.................

ablessin

simpleguy05 said:
Correct, however not that I want this to end up as an ongoing post anymore than it has, I read the helloutta these forums, and am merely stating that I am tired of hearing about stepparents...Want to bash a CP? GO for it. Want to bach an NCP it doesn't bother me. There are plenty crappy ones all the way around. But find one post on here that says some positive things about a stepparent that isn't posted by one, I dare ya.................

Hey I am a step parent too - so I know how you feel! we are made to look like the "bad guy" more times than not.
Like it's even our fault the divorce happened in the first place.

bononos

Triple Dog Dare???

You shouldn't do that, you'll shoot your eye out! :D

Sorry, got a cold and getting a bit delirious.

SingleMom67 said:
this is gonna piss so many ppl off, but I have to say it...Did you not get your CS check today or something? Whats with the freakin out? lol Just kidding so relaaaaax!

brisgirl825

So I will say it again...

People why do we even do this?
We are never going to agree. The same sides are going to continue to agrue their point to no avail.
The fact is, is that the lawmakers make these decisions not the CP. If you have a problem with a CP getting money, for children they didn't make by themselves, then write your local lawmakers. Tell them that they should spend your tax dollars to set up a special and undoubtedly inefficient office, not unlike CSE, to do CS audits. Then we can drive this counrty farther into debt so that when something, say like a natural disaster, happens we don't have funds to help people.

simpleguy05 said:
this is gonna piss so many ppl off, but I have to say it...Did you not get your CS check today or something? Whats with the freakin out? lol Just kidding so relaaaaax!
Nah, doesn't piss me off. My son's father doesn't pay support, and I don't rely on it. My problem today is the threads are getting so bogged down with personal B.S. The one-sided opinions, generalizations, ranting, venting, etc. really don't help anyone. And I'm left reading through all this stuff to see if there's actually a legal question or issue in there!!!!

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
simpleguy05 said:
Go search out Rushia's posts about her ex's new wife. She loves her. And doesn't hesitate to state it all the time. Next dare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">