• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What does INIT mean?!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hmil5779

I live in VA. My husband and I have been separated 10 years, we have filed for an uncontested divorce. We have no assests and grown children. He has been served, depositions have been submitted. My attorney has submitted everything to the Circuit Court (So she says). I looked on the court website and it said my case was active but it also said (INIT) Not in translation what does this mean.

Silverplum

I live in VA. My husband and I have been separated 10 years, we have filed for an uncontested divorce. We have no assests and grown children. He has been served, depositions have been submitted. My attorney has submitted everything to the Circuit Court (So she says). I looked on the court website and it said my case was active but it also said (INIT) Not in translation what does this mean.
My GUESS is that it means "Initiated." As in, the divorce has been initiated.

Why not ask them what their acronym or abbreviation means?? :confused:

Proserpina

So..did you call the court and ask 'em?

HomeGuru

**A: it means like if someone said my hotdog has relish init.

hmil5779

When I checked the case status the clerk's office was closed. I forgot to get her home number. I like mustard, relish, and onion on my hot dog:D

pittrocks

Ha ha, you guys made my incision site hurt!!
(endometrial ablation and tubal ligation yesterday)

thank GOD for sterility!

Anyway, not to hijack..I like relish on the side.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">