• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what information should i give to my attorney?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

atyehong

What is the name of your state?tx
I had a consultation with one lawer and I agreed to file through her firm. She gave me some paper work to fill up and asked me to bring it on filing date. She specifically asked me to give creditors names and addresses and balances only and no need to give thier account numbers or phone numbers. My question is even though she asked me not to give the account numbers, should I still go ahead and add each creditors account numbers too? Also, apart from the paper work that she gave me, what other paper work should I give to her so that she has complete knowledge of my creditors. I have read some posts that attorneys did not include some debts even though they were listed on the paper work.
Thanks,

Trust your attorney! But read your schedules before you sign them under the penalties of perjury, too, and bring any errors or omissions to her attention.

Your lawyer probably has a good reason for not needing your account numbers. Maybe she gets them off your credit reports, for example.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">